Day tripping

July 31, 2010

It's been a busy and difficult summer for our family. Russ and I took today to spend some much needed fun time together. We spent the day at Kalona.

Our first stop was Yotty's Hardware and Furniture to see if they had a cord for the iron I found last night...

Score! 


I found this dainty little lamb dish at an antique store. So sweet.


Every time we go to Kalona, we stop by the Kalona Cheese House to get some cheese curds. You can watch them make the cheese curds through the windows, which is always fun to see. And its fun to eat them and hear them squeak against your teeth. 





We saw lots of Amish buggys...


And I couldn't resist getting out of my car to take a picture of the Amish clothes hanging on the line. I got caught by a young Amish miss taking the picture. I'm sure she though this Englisher was nuts. Her smile was so pretty and kind when I explained how pretty the clothes looked blowing in the breeze. She was glad the hard work of getting them clean was over. I'm glad I have a washer and dryer. 


We bought a box of Missouri peaches from Stringtown. It was less than $10! Yummy....



Next stop was the Harley Davidson storeroom where Russ could dream. I love the whitewall tires!



And dream some more...



I loved the trike, however $33,000 is not in our budget. {ahem}



3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had TWO blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, Have you been to the Quilt museum at KAlona? I hear it has several old quilt that were donated by a Lady to the town. Chris

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...