#Shortcakealong

November 15, 2014


For those who follow me on Instagram, this is a repeat of what I have been up to the last few days. =) 

Erin Jensen and hazel stitches, are the two ladies that began the Shortcake Quilt along and it's happening on Instagram. You can search for it using #shortcakealong. The pattern is called Shortcake by Cluck Cluck Sew and it is a beginner friendly quilt. I love how easy and fun this quilt was to put together. 

These are the A blocks. 


These are the beginning of the B blocks. 


I was up way too late getting it put together, but I couldn't wait to see it all finished! When I had both the A and B blocks all finished, I sewed them in pairs and then laid them out to see how to do the final layout. I was a little stressed about the bold navy block. 


Here it is all put together! The blue block doesn't bother me so much anymore. I chose to make the twin size which took a 1 jelly roll and 15 extra strips. I dug out Bliss, Scrumptious and Ruby I had in my stash to add to it. I have the back all ready to go. A while back I bought some Scrumptious yardage from Donna's Lavender Nest and there was just enough. Love it when that happens! 


For now, I need to let it sit. I have some secret Christmas sewing to get to and another store sample to make. =)

Have a happy weekend!


19 comments:

  1. This is such a bright and happy quilt top! Looks like a really fun project. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shortcake quilt! I made it too and I love this pattern! I will be making it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, Amy! All those colors play well together, and another happy quilt is shining from your hands!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it and love the pop of the navy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the colors....what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! Don't know why I wasn't following you on IG, but I am now. Love this pattern. I made one a while back, but it's still a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very like the colors and the navy is sprinkled around just right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilt!!! Happy christmas quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty quilt! Well worth the late hour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt top is awesome. So happy you had enough Scrumptious.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those happy, bright colors! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I like that - what a fun and colorful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous quilt! Those colors are so cheerful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found your blog via Donna's Lavender Nest.
    Love your cute quilt top

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found your blog via Donna's Lavender Nest.
    Love your cute quilt top

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty fabric choices, Amy, this is going to be another lovely finsh from you. Hope you're well

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...