Double Nickel Birthday

December 13, 2015

Last week, I celebrated a birthday. 55 years old! Ouch! But rather than dwell on that, I want to dwell on the gifts I received from the birthday swap I am privileged to be a member of which is hosted by Capi and Deb aka: Chosen Sisters. (Be sure to check out their Easy shop!!)
Look at all this presents!!! Overwhelming!


The post is very picture heavy. =) I tried to keep it in control, but it is hard! These ladies spoiled me well and I want you to see their talent!! 

This was from Capi. =) You can find her here on Instagram. One thing I asked for was a Winter/Christmas door hanging. Isn't he cute?


He is perfect!!


Capi also made me this darling pincushion. =D 


This pile of loveliness is from Deb. You can find her here on Instagram.


Here is a better picture of the little sheep. =) She has joined my other collection of sheep here in my sewing room. Precious!!


I also want you to see a better picture of the sheep hand stitching Deb did on the zippered pouch and needle book. I am in awe of her talent...


This is from Jeannie. You can find her on Instagram. Another suggestion I gave was a new make up bag. Jeannie made me one, but I think its too nice to put make up in! For now I have it in my sewing room so I can look at it. I will use it, eventually, for something! One other thing I want to highlight in her pile of presents is the journal cover. It hold the small size legal pads. I love using those for keeping notes in as I am brainstorming quilt ideas. This will be used daily, for sure!!


A closer look at the inside of the case Jeannie made. Isn't it awesome! I really love it!


Next up, Renee. Renee blogs @ Sewn With Grace and you can also find her on Instagram. She has a new Easy shop, as well. Be sure to take a look. =) 

Renee spoiled me a new table topper, a 30's fabric panel, that I folded so you could see the sheep, as well as some fat quarters, a book and a large blank journal. I can't wait to sew with that sweet fabric!!


Last, but not least, Pennie. Pennie can be found on Flickr where she showcases the things she makes. She has some super cute stuff!! Pennie is known to make folders out of fabric. It is amazing!! It holds a manilla envelope to store patterns or any other papers you have laying around. I have never seen anything like it! As you can see, she also made me a fabric basket filled with goodies and a zippered pouch. =) 


Whew!! This was a birthday celebration like no other I have ever experienced!! Its been a long, long time since I have been so spoiled. I can't wait to be a part of the spoiling for Capi, who is next in line. =) 

Thank you, ladies, for all the wonderful gifts and for sharing your talent with me. =) 

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

12 comments:

  1. Such lovely gifts! Happy Birthday!! The best is yet to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday - what sweet blessings you have been showered with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Amy! Wow what beautiful gifts my dear. You deserve to be spoiled my dear.
    Merry Christmas
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Enjoy all your lovely gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gifts. The creativity in the group is awesome. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Amy! It was fun to see what you received. Having a birthday group sounds like such a fun idea! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Such wonderful gifts from some very talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww You have the nicest friends Amy. For real.
    I remember 55. That was a fun year. :-P
    Enjoy your day, and this year being 55!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! We thru all our parents special surprise parties for their 55th birthdays (not much of a surprise towards the end). I'm only a little over 2 years from there, myself. Happy Birthday, again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday, what wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I missed your birthday, but so glad you got spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A belated Happy Birthday!! Many blessings upon your year ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...