I'm home...

May 28, 2011

What a great vacation! South Dakota is beautiful! I had no idea....You can see a few pictures over at my family blog, A Redeemed Sheep.

We hit at least 7 quilt stores over the course of the week. Two stops really stand out and I want to make sure they get a special shout out. One is in Rapid City, SD called Fabric City and The Sewing Center. We showed up 30 minutes before closing and they graciously allowed me to stay late as I drooled shopped in their beautiful store. The store was just a few blocks from our hotel, but how I heard about it was from Moneik, a new blog reader, who posted here to tell me about it. Not only did I love the store, but I got to meet Moneik face to face that night!! That's what I love about the blogging world, meeting and making new friends. =)

The other shop was in Custer, SD called The Quilt Shop, which is owned by Sue Kortum. She is also a longarmer and I got to see some of her work. She is very talented! We ended up staying at her shop for well over an hour visiting with Sue. It was like talking with a long lost friend. =) I grabbed up a jelly roll of Bliss from her store. Woot! If you are in the area, she had several layer cakes and charm packs of Bliss, as well.

Here are a few pictures of the fabric I added to my stash this vacation....







I also found this little lady in a junk store for $15. I'm afraid we got a little too over zealous cleaning her up and some of her pretty detail work on the bed got damaged. =( I'm trying not to stress over it after having a whole week of no anxiety at all! I don't like feeling anxious and want to stay as anxious free as possible. She will still look pretty on a shelf in my sewing room.  


I am hopelessly behind in blog reading. We only had internet if we were in the lobby. So, I closed my eyes tight and hit read all in my reader. Feeling behind makes me feel anxious...

Anxiety = bad. Relaxed = good.   

That was the big lesson this vacation for me....


10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun girl! We have the same taste of fabric. I love every piece you showed.

    I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabrics! Especially the fabrics in pictures three and four! So glad your vacation was wonderful. What a treasure to get to meet Moneik. I met a blogger today too. Amy, from 'Not Always With Thread'. We had lunch with Amy and her husband Joey. Wonderful people, but then, bloggers usually are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have warned us..."Drool rag needed"....love the fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much lovely fabric! I'm looking forward to the quilttops from these...

    And your new antique Singer is awesome.
    You're really a lucky women! :-)

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful holiday. Love all your goodies too!
    It's good to have you back...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabric choices...as a matter of fact, I have recently purchased some of what you bought! Lovely!

    And remember..."be anxious for nothing..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...you did good. Beautiful fabrics!!! nice machine find too..

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum-YUM-YUMMY fabrics! and...OMGosh, what a sweet leeetle sewing machine...she won't mind that she's minus a couple of art-strokes...she has a wonderful, cherished spot in your home. =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOooo that fabric!!! The pink apron would go perfect in my next project, LOL! I had a grey/black/pink/green with retro teacups that I used as my focus fabric. I'm glad you had a good time.

    Lucy~

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful fabrics to buy on holiday!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...