Ta-done!

November 14, 2011

The top, that is. It's windy here so this is the best picture I could get. 


It's bigger than I expected it to be, which is funny because I was worried it would be too small. It measures 66" x 78". 

I chose to go scrappy with the sashing because I hate am not fond corner stones. Knowing that this quilt would need way more dreadful corner stones than I wanted to deal with, I figured out a way to get creative so I could avoid them. 

This particular fat quarter stack had 20 fat quarters in it and each fat has almost half left over. It's always surprising to me to see how far fat quarters can go. 

For now, this quilt needs to be put away. I need to focus on Christmas and make some decisions on what to do, if anything, for gifts for the ladies in my family. Last year I made them zippered bags. I'm drawing a blank this year...Anyone have any good ideas?


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors. So cheering!

    Be sure to stop in at Cranberry Morning and enter my 5-Bar Handcrafted SOAP'n'SUCH GIVEAWAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personalized mug rugs and matching mugs are always good ...have you made those for them?? your quilt top is lovely...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd known it right from the beginning, this would be lovely.
    And it absolutly is!! Thumps up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those color so ''provence''. those wheel like flower = wow. Love it just love it!
    I'm sure your christmas gift will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have another beautiful finish, that pieced sashing is a great call!
    Christmas ideas: jammie bottoms with t shirts, pillowcases in themes the person likes, a case of their favorite soda, table runners, hot pads, mug rugs (I did see that was already suggested), You'll do something wonderful I'm sure ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! And I really love the scrapy sashing. I think I'll so that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL,corner stones scare me!

    Your quilt is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! The points on the star/flower turned out so crisp and nice against the blue. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...