Still here...

January 10, 2012

I hope everyone is having a good 2012 so far. =) 

Though the pace is much slower, we are still plugging away at the kitchen. It will be done.....eventually. 

Going into a withdrawal phase (pulling into myself) isn't unusual and that's why I have been so quiet lately. I have had some stuff (depression, sadness) to deal with and so I retreated into my mind and avoid people, that means the computer, too. In the last two days I have posted a comment here or there on blogs, so I am beginning to come back out of my self imposed cocoon. 

During my quiet, reflective time, I have been busy in my sewing room. It's a great place to get lost and still end up feeling like something has been accomplished. Because I didn't want to talk, I didn't take any pictures of the progress, so all I have to show is the end result. 

It's totally scrappy. I decided on  14" blocks and I made fabric using the smallest pieces to cutting larger prices of fabric, sewing them together to make them. It's hard to see, but I then quilted each block differently. In some blocks I did an all over motif, in others, I quilted each square with in the block. All straight lines with my walking foot. All eyeballed...ie: no rulers or measuring, just going for it. 

I really like how it turned out. 

It's going to special friend. I hope to deliver it today. =)






11 comments:

  1. this is so pretty...what fabric line is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. :o) We all need that quiet time don't we and so blessed to have a space of your own to retreat to. The Lord has blessed me with a hunger to learn to quilt and crochet, He has used both as a sort of therapy, during sad times. I like to keep my fingers busy, but sometimes my mind gets too loud. :o)
    Hugs to you. :o)
    Trish

    ps. Your quilt turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Amy. I love the new header too. So happy.
    I know what you mean about going into your cocoon. Sometimes it is just what we need. We are only human. Even Jesus had to go out in the desert and be alone. So see....we're just being Christlike! Now there's a happy thought....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy! Good to see you back! Hope your 2012 is going well, too. LOVE the quilt, and I'm sure your friend will, too...and special delivery! What could be better than a visit with a friend bearing a new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling much better. I too have had some down times. It seems to happen to me every year about this time.

    I love the quilt. I love the colors of the quilt too!

    Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty quilt! I love it♥
    Color, Pattern, everything :-)

    How creative your are, when you are in such a "state". When i are a little depressed, i just eat to treat myself and after that, im very annoyed with me and much more depressed ;-) Sometimes live's a mess. But thats life, isn't it?

    Send u some big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that quilt!
    I can empathize with you somewhat when you talk about withdrawing... we've had a few bits of sad/bad news - definitely not the way to start a new year.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt. I love the colors you used and love the fact it is so scrappy.

    I so understand your cocoon. I've been fighting sadness and depression for months now (because of my mom's passing). Reading blogs has helped me a lot.

    I'm going to spend some time in my craft room today

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Amy!!! What a fantastic 'outcome' made during such a difficult time ... I wish I had something even remotely half that gorgeous to show for my years of depression!!! ... Huge Hugs - hoping you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your friend is very blessed to have a friend like you! That is such a beautiful quilt. I really like it so much. I want so badly, to learn to quilt, but am afraid to try to start.
    Cocoons protect. Sometimes, quiet is what we need. Just make sure you spend time with the Heavenly Father. He will hold you and comfort you.
    I just got my kitchen functional after many years, yes, I said years. So I understand the frustration of this. It will make you so happy when it is finished.
    God bless you and a big hug from me,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute. Hope you are getting back to a happier place. It's always hard after the holidays. A big 'let down' time.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...