Swooning again...

March 26, 2013


Before I say anything about what I am working on, I want to take time to thank each and every one of you who have left voice mails, wrote emails, who have prayed for me and for my family. Though the situation between my two older kids has not changed, I feel more at peace and calm. I am fighting to speak truth to myself and not allow the lies to take a foothold. One day, when Jesus returns, all will be put to rights again and I hold on to that very real hope. 

Swooning again! This is a wedding gift for a sweet newly wed couple in my church. The bride helped pick a couple of the fabrics and then I went shopping in my stash to finish it up. I chose not to add sashing between the blocks this time.

(You can view my first Swoon quilt here)


The plan is to cut this fabric into a wide 10" strip right down the middle of the pink and add it for borders. I want to make the corners mitered and get the stripes to match up. Yeah, we will see how that goes! 



11 comments:

  1. Life gives us twists and turns and you are finding something good out of it by quilting. I love the border print it will look so neat when all is done. I hope the new couple will be pleased. Have a Great Day and Spring will show one of these days it is coming. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are feeling better! Your Swoon quilt is so pretty and I am sure will be loved by the happy couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitered corners really are not that hard. I taught myself how to do it, and I was a beginning quilter at the time. I've now taught the ladies in 2 guilds how to miter corners. Matching stripes makes it easier, not harder, as long as you cut accurately. If you were closer, I'd do it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although it is hard (because they are our kids) keep your eyes on Jesus and sew like the dickens. Your Swoon quilt is wonderful, love the colors.

    blessings,jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely quilt top

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're finding your relief in the Lord right now. He's the only one who can truly comfort the brokenhearted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peace is a good thing. And your second swoon? I have yet to make my first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are at peace. I am a firm believer in letting go and letting God handle our worries.

    Your swoon quilt is going to be BEAUTIFUL. I love what you have chosen as the border, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, that is so beautiful. If my hubby and I get married again (to each other, of course) Can you make one for my wedding? Ha!!
    I'm so glad that you are feeling more at peace. I didn't write anything on your last post, but you have been in my thoughts and prayers this week.

    I love that we can share a common bond in Jesus Christ even though we may never meet on this earth. Blessings, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Amy!! Love the colors!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Swoon quilt top so much that I ordered the pattern to make one for myself! Yours is so beautiful. Praying for your situation.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...