Victoriana Quilt Designs - Meet and Greet!

September 4, 2018

Click on the graphic to find the list of everyone who is participating in the meet and greet! 

Hello, my name is Amy and I want to welcome you to A Quilting Sheep!!

I am so honored and flattered that you have taken time out in your busy life to come to visit me here on my blog. I love making new friends in the quilting world, so this is a huge treat for me, and I am excited to check out some new-to-me blogs during the 2018 Online Quilters Meet and Greet, as well!   You will find all the blogs participating in the 2018 Online Quilters Meet and Greet listed on Benita Skinner's Creative Space.

And there are PRIZES!! More on that later...


A little bit about me...In August, Russ and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary and we are enjoying our empty nest years.  Though I do occasionally share our traveling adventures and some glimpses of our grandchildren, I try to keep that to a bare minimum and stay on topic for my blog, which is the doings and happening in my sewing room. 

I first began quilting seriously right around 2007-2008. My personality tends to the more introverted side, which means going to classes to learn how to make a quilt was not an option. Instead, I turned to the internet and found helpful tutorials on blogs, videos on YouTube and used good old fashioned trial and error to teach myself how to piece a quilt as well as do all the quilting on a quilt using my domestic sewing machine. For a short time, I had a long arm machine, but I really didn't enjoy using it, so I sold it. I mostly quilt using a walking foot and I keep telling myself I need to learn to free motion quilt. One of these days!

Four and a half years ago, I began working part-time at Cotton Creek Mill, a quilt shop in historic West Branch, Iowa.  My favorite part of my job is to be an encouragement to the ladies and supporting them with their projects. It's fun to see their ideas spring to life! 

I know I enjoy seeing what other people have made, so I thought I would share a few of my favorite quilts I have made over the years. There are more pictures and information in the links provided.

My design: Oh, Happy Day!

My design: Amy's Stars 

My design: Olivia's Bunnies

My design: Orange Peels
More details about this quilt HERE and HERE

More details about this quilt HERE and HERE

More details about this quilt HERE and HERE

More details about this quilt HERE
The many other Swoon quilts I have made can be found HERE

More details about this quilt HERE 

More details about this Work In Progress quilt HERE

More details about this quilt HERE and HERE

Star in the center pattern: Scrap Jar Stars
More details about this quilt HERE and HERE

More details about this quilt HERE and HERE

I hope you enjoyed your stay at my blog and choose to come back and visit once in a while. If you would like to get an email notice every time there is a new post, you can sign up through Bloglovin' or fill in your email in the box provided in my sidebar. 

As promised, here are the details about the Great Grand Prize you could win! 

Starting today and throughout the month of September, for every 'Quilter' guest you visit you can enter to win the Great Grand Prize by simply clicking on the graphic found on their blogs (see below). For more details and a complete list of 'Quilter' guests,  go to Benita's Skinner's Creative Space


Thanks again for stopping by! I hope to see you again soon!





44 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog. Your "Oh, Happy Day!" design is a favorite pattern - plan to make it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've followed your blog for a while...I adore the verse you use in your header! Nice post today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts. I can’t wait to follow you on future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a lot of years blogging together, hasn't it Amy. I love seeing what you create and was in awe at all the beautiful quilts as I scrolled down. You are amazing...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful quilts! I've always enjoyed seeing what you've been up to in your sewing room or on the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make BEAUTIFUL quilts!! I love your color choices. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I found your blog a number of years ago. Always enjoy seeing what you make - and so enjoy seeing some from your earlier years, especially the Oh, Happy Day quilt! Would you believe, my first dresden block was done free-hand - I mean how hard could they be???? - so thankful for blog tutorials - and templates - that guided me on my way :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to meet you and see your stunning quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilts are beautiful. I love the variety of styles and colours. I'll be back for more eye candy. Oh, and about the walking foot quilting...nothing wrong with that! Your quilts look awesome the way you quilt them. I myself am a big fan of my the walking foot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing your smiling face [and that of handsome hubby!] and all the colorful quilts you have made...you are such an inspiration to me, dear Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilts with lots of inspiration for me! Good to "meet" you in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your designs and quilts are all so beautiful. "Oh Happy Day" is my favourite from this post, but they're all amazing. I'm putting your blog on my reading list, looking forward to seeing and reading about more of your work. ...very jealous about the quilt shop job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilts are so pretty! I am like you - a little shy, but I will say I have had some fun classes once I got brave and went ! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to meet you and your blog today. You have so many gorgeous projects. Love all the bright colors. Your quilts just pop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've visited your blog before. I'd recognize that pressing table anywhere! You shared a lot of fresh and lovely quilts for the Meet and Greet. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You two make a handsome couple. Thinning hair, glasses, beard and a shy smile - those ones are the best. I know because I have one at home :-D
    Your colorful quilts are so joy-giving, as if your sunny personality exudes through your work. Love the puppies, but the floppy ear bunny tugged at my heartstrings and made me go - awwww.... So nice to meet you and hope to see you around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely quilts Amy! You should check out the videos for free motion quilting. Lots of tips out there. I would "practice" on table runners - they are small enough to manage easily and not so daunting if you have to remove some of the stitching. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your bright and beautiful quilts! Nice to meet you Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sunshine - that is what I think of looking at your wonderful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  20. As always, I enjoyed my visit. So many beautiful quilts. I made a baby quilt with the fabric you sent, there is still a lot left to use. I will share it on my blog as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all your work. The bright coloured quilts are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your quilts are each beautiful. I love the Postcards and the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. amy...turnabout is fair play so i'm visiting your blog after you visited mine...i absolutely love your quilts and sounds like they reflect your bright personality perfectly....oh i love the orange peel in those bright colors...i too am a redeemed sheep, a recovering pharisee i like to say....

    ReplyDelete
  24. The dogs in sweaters is way toooo cute. The My Favorite Things quilt is now on my list of quilts to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are a lot of fun to make! I would love to see them when you are done. =)

      Delete
  25. The Meet and Greet is such a great way to meet other quilt bloggers. West Branch is on my list of Places to Visit because I am "collecting" presidential homes and libraries. Now that I know there's a quilt shop, all the better!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful quilt show! Visiting from the Meet and Greet.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful quilts, so bright and cheery! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amy - the quilts you shared are wonderful, and I love the extra links to be able to learn more about each!
    Thanks for being part of the Quilters Meet & Greet! <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how bright and cheerful the quilts are that you shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow you have made some stunning quilts. I love Postcards from Sweden and My Favourite Things, like me, it looks as though you are unafraid of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have beautifulm amazing, and stunning quilts. It's difficult for me to take classes because I'm an introvert, too. I'm glad that you are working at a quilt shop and encouraging others in their quilt journeys. Thanks for participating in the Meet and Greet. I recognized some of your quilts and don't know why I wasn't following you and I am now.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your dog quilt made me happy! It's adorable. Enjoyed seeing the other quilts too and my visit here with you. Thank you for asking us over!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow on your quilts. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your quilts are lovely! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  35. You have highlighted some fabulous quilts. I love the Postcard from Sweden; the colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh Happy Days, that is so pretty and a great tutorial for it. I did like the way you had greens then blues, in various shades.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my goodness, I'm not sure which one I like the best. They are all so gorgeous. An empty nest can make for some wonderful "me" time, once you get over the lost feeling! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wowie!! Your quilts are ALL Awesome!! Thank you for sharing!! I found you thru this Meet & Great...love your Blog already..and signing up to Follow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. pretty pretty pretty! love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  40. So many pretty and bright quilts. The name quilt is especially cute.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...