Jelly Roll Jam and more

September 19, 2013

The Jelly Roll Jam pattern came out just in time! I am using a fun jelly roll by Robert Kaufman to make the second baby boy quilt I needed to make. I dear friend generously gifted me with the jelly roll a couple of weeks ago. =) 


My husband found these two treasures at a thrift shop for me the other day. I won't have any trouble finding a home for them in my sewing room. When I was a girl, I had a toy iron that plugged in and got warm. I so wish I still had it....


Russ' dad continues to make progress, but it is slow and difficult for him. Yesterday and last night was hard. The nurses are so sweet and patient and they assured us that this was all normal and that yesterday would be the hardest day. The nurse did get a smile out of him last night and that was good to see. 

Oh, and for the geek part of me, yesterday was the huge iOS 7 update for my iPhone and mini iPad. It was released for download at 12 noon my time. At 12:02, the downloads began on my devices. You could say I was pretty excited. ;) I had flawless downloads and the new iOS is a beauty. I find things like this to be fun. =) 

Time to get my day started! Have a happy Thursday!!




13 comments:

  1. I had to go back and read prior posts. Praise God that your father-in-law is making progress, although slowly.It's tough to see loved ones go through these things.

    Love the treasures, especially the scissors/ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Russ' dad is doing better. Your quilt will be very pretty, and I love the treasures Russ found. They are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to hear you father in law is making progress.
    Your quilt is going to be so cute. I saw the tutorial on it one day this week I think. I just might have to consider jelly rolls?
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pre-cut fabrics with the pinked edges make me crazy! Where is the 1/4"? But, they are beautiful and I know you will turn them into something beautiful. And your husband's thrift shop finds are wonderful. He's a keeper, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my update too! So far I like it! Glad to hear your dear FIL is doing better. Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear your FIL is progressing as expected and even feeling a bit better.

    Gotta love a husband that brings home something for the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors! That will be nice and bright for a sweet little one. Love the thrifted items. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just getting caught up, after not having internet for several days (on vacation). My FIL had by-pass surgery last Oct. He is doing wonderful now. My father also had it 19 years before he died. A few days after he goes home, he'll start showing lots of improvement. I also did hand work during the surgery. It does help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the love of childhood irons...somehow I have mine :)...a little red one with a black handle..it sits with my Hubs Grandmother Ingalls' real one she used 100 years ago and more... I just posted a youtube doing a jelly roll on my blog this week...Great minds think alike?...ha!....Yes, your Father in Law will gain strength each new day but don't be surprised if he get s a little down once he is home; that is normal reaction too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely jelly roll. Such wonderful colors. Prayers for your family and FIL. Not too sure about the update. Trying to figure it out and then teach DH is a test on my patience at times. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you are off to a great start!...Oh and I love your new found treasures. Have a good weekend!
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad your father in law is doing well.

    I wish you could teach me your "geek" knowledge - I am, so far, quite hopeless at anything electronic - especially computers!

    I went back and read a bit. Your chandelier is so cute! I would never have thought of that.

    I am still randomly posting drafts; I'll get back online and make some new posts (real ones) eventually. I've been sewing up a storm!

    Can you believe Thea is six months old? Wow!

    Love you lots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I waited awhile to update and I really don't like it! I wish it was the old way lol.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...