Mini Quilts

October 16, 2014

There is something so satisfying about making mini quilts. They are quick and fun. This basket pattern I purchased as a kit last summer. The colors in the kit was all 30's solids, but I decided to shake it up and use Vintage Happy fabrics by Lori Holt of Bee In My Bonnet. Its more me, though it was painfully hard to cut into my fat quarters. 


Still on the Lori Holt kick, I joined the bandwagon and made her birthday block in honor of the one year birthday of her amazing book, Quilty Fun. I used fabrics from several of her lines. She creates such happy fabric. =) You can find the pattern for the birthday cake block here.


Here it is on display in my kitchen. One of these days I will get that yellow cabinet repainted. 


Not a mini, but another quilt top I had to make. It was in my head for weeks. I used the Yellow Brick Road pattern to make the canvas out of low volume fabrics and appliquéd the letters on. I wish I would have had enough black to do all the letters in black, but alas, I was just short of having enough, so I improvised. The font is CAC Pinafore and one of my most favorite fonts....


I had 4 blocks left over, so I played with some Bonnie and Camille scraps and made some petals to make another mini quilt. As you can tell, I don't through away even the smallest of pieces of their fabric lines. I always find a way to use them. =) 



Lately, I have found myself using Instagram more and more often. It took me a while to really get into it, but now that I understand it better, it really is a fun place to do quick updates. You can follow me @aquiltingsheep.

Today is a "work" day, so I need to get going! 

Have a happy Thursday!!



16 comments:

  1. Love your mini's. They are so stinkin cute. Your birthday cake is so cute on your kitchen wall. I am going to have to look up that font I love it.
    Hope you have a great day at work.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so sweet!! I need to make a cute cake soon!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute little quilts! They would be perfect for dolls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric you used as a border on your cake block. That basket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mini's. They are darling. You used some of my favorite fabrics too! Hope you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minis. What a great way to get finishes when you are busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, small projects are fun! It's nice to get some quicker gratification! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that font Amy...but I've never downloaded a font before so I'm not sure how that works. I found it "free" online but not sure of the next step. Do I just download and install? blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful!! Just wonderful!! Made my day! As I had to lengthen some curtains I was making for a friend....she mearsured wrong!...so it was so nice to see all your work and up too!! Amazing!!!......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling basket, darling mini's! I'm also in love with your yellow cupboard - wow you find the best things, lol. Such sweetness on your blog ALWAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, I love that the cabinet matches your cake!

    Such darling little minis. Glad you chose Vintage Happy. Such a fabulous line. I know how hard it is to cut into treasured fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute quilts. I already spend way too much time on the computer, so, I'm limiting myself to email and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful little quilts - all as cute as you, M'dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The basket is great but I'm hooked on that I love Us mini!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun quilts, Amy. I just love the mini with the basket of posies. :D

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...