Time flies...

March 30, 2015

I find that when life is kicking into high gear, the last thing I want to do is sit down at the computer to blog. I am forcing myself to sit and get some of the projects I have been working on recorded, before more pile up and I get totally overwhelmed! Don't forget, you can find me on Instagram @aquiltingsheep. I do tend to post there a tiny bit more often. 

Lets jump right into it, shall we?

 This is the beginning of the Pretty Petals quilt found in the book Vintage Vibe using the Fresh Cut fabric line by Basic Grey


So pretty and springy!


I also got to play with the new line by 3 Sisters called Whitewashed Cottage.  Cluck Cluck Sew's pattern Shortcake using the throw size makes two nice sized baby quilts with only one orphan block left over. It's a great use of a jelly roll. 


These next two quilts came from my stash and will be gifted to a new baby and her big sister from my church. The first one is for the big sister. She has a bunny that she carries with her everywhere. Her parents were worried about what they would do if it ever got lost, so they bought a few more to put back, just in case. Well, this sweet little miss found one of them and now carries two. They have very clever names, Bunny and Backup Bunny. I knew the bunnies had to be part of the quilt, so I started there and built around them to come up with this creation. Sometimes I even impress myself. =)

The flowers and butterflies are from Lori Holt's book, Quilty Fun. I framed the butterflies and squared them up at angles to give the butterflies movement. 


Letters are from Moda's Spell It With Fabric


Here is Backup Bunny!


For her new baby sister, I used an Aviary honeybun that has been in my stash for a long while. 

If you look carefully, you can see I quilted the baby's name into the quilt. I kept the quilting simple to keep the quilt soft. 



There are a few more projects that I have been working on, but this post is long enough. Perhaps I will get back here before another 5 weeks slip by. *wink*

 Have a happy Monday! 

18 comments:

  1. hey!!! these are beautiful projects! I hope someday i can work at a shop like you do because it sounds like it is so amazing. playing with fabric you dont have to buy!!! what? that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had my eye on that line and this may be the motivation to get it. I have been really good about not buying fabric since the beginning of the year. I missed out when it was the Daily Deal for MSQC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    Your quilts are all so pretty. You are so clever and talented my dear.
    Hope you are doing well. I have been thinking about you.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to stop by tonight and happen upon a new post. We miss seeing your projects! :) These are all gorgeous and their recipients are going to be so excited. I may try shortcake myself one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute quilts Amy. Love the back up bunny :)
    Janita

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about you. Great projects as per your usual. Love the story, bunny and back up bunny. Gorgeous quilts for the little ones, they are sure to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love how you designed the Bunny Quilt and how you quilted the baby's name in the other quilt. Your ideas are truly amazing!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosemary B here:
    Hi Amy, I love all of your projects. I love the baby quilts. and the dresdens too. Gosh you have been busy!!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilts...love the tip about less quilting makes it softer! Colors are pleasing to the eye. The little ones receiving these are blessed by your love and talent that go into your quilts! Many blessings to you, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My Goodness you are so talented! Those quilts are just beautiful. 💛💙💜💚❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what some great quilts! I have missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!! BRAVO!! LOVE OLIVIA'S Quilt!! yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you made the butterflies fly. They look great that way. Olivia's quilt is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Beautiful quilts! Oh how I would love to work in a quilt shop! But then again I would probably end up owing them money every pay day, lol.

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work. ,your dresdens are so pretty - such great fabric choices. Glad I popped by :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you clever cookie, that baby quilt is stunning and so perfect - love Backup Bunny on the back!!! Your dresdens are gorgeous. I really like that Whitewashed Cottage line - I'm going to have to look for it. Very, very good to see you posting, Amy, you are missed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you clever cookie, that baby quilt is stunning and so perfect - love Backup Bunny on the back!!! Your dresdens are gorgeous. I really like that Whitewashed Cottage line - I'm going to have to look for it. Very, very good to see you posting, Amy, you are missed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love 3 Sisters fabrics--most of their lines, anyway. The cottage fabric is so sweet and the quilt will be so comforting!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...