Mary Had a Little Lamb

September 29, 2015

I guess it's Little Bo Peep and not Mary! ;-)
This sweet lamp found its way home with me last weekend. She is perfect for my sewing room! 


She lives on my pressing table and she serves a purpose, besides being cute. I have the lamp and my iron plugged into an outlet strip that is held onto the side of the cabinet with Command strips. I turn my iron on with the switch on the outlet strip and the lamp is turned on at the same time. I can always tell if my iron is on and hot by the lamp being lit as my visual cue. Lamp off, means iron is off. I use a vintage iron mainly because it is hot and heavy, which is great for pressing seams and because it is vintage, it doesn't have the automatic turn off feature. This setup is very helpful to remind me to turn the iron off when not in use. There is my little tip of the day! =)

Have a happy Tuesday!

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I have a more modern iron, keep thinking that I would like a vintage but worry that I would forget. I forget when i set up an ironing station in the dining room and use the travel iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really good idea!! Not just functional but adorable too. i am going to have to get a new iron soon my oliso is dying, maybe vintage is the way to go this time

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea, Amy! I use a power strip too, but I have a ton of other things plugged in as well - I can't leave it turned off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. For the most part the iron is the only thing plugged into the power strip. mmm.
    Love your lamp

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Whenever I see a sheep, I think of you.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...