Baby quilts 1 - 4

September 28, 2015

I've been on a bit of a baby quilt binge lately. They are fast and fun and perfect for those times when you need to feel like you have accomplished something when time is not on your side. I rarely have boy quilts waiting in the wings, so I decided to do something about it. This summer I picked up two charm packs of Moda's Bartholo-Meow's Reef. With those two charm packs, a bit of fabric from my stash, I was able to create three baby quilts. Two are not quite finished yet, but I can share the one I did get done. This baby quilt pattern was a free one by Made By Rae that you can find here. Love the bright orange grunge as the binding. 



This is a Jelly Roll Jam 2 quilt by Fat Quarter Shop made with left over jelly strips I have had for forever. Is hard to see, but for this one I quilted it in yellow silk thread. Boy, silk is great to quilt with!! It was my first time to use it and I can't wait to use it again. =) 

I would love your feedback on this one. Could it be a boy quilt? Or do the flowers make it a girl only quilt? 


The next two are obvious for girl babies. No doubt about it!

This is a simple Irish chain quilt. As you can see, there is nothing too difficult about this one. =) 


Another very simple quilt made using left over flannel and chenille. I backed it with left over pieces of minky.  


I have four more waiting in the wings to be quilted. I think making 8 baby quilts counts as a binge, don't you? 


Have a happy Monday!!

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

9 comments:

  1. Those baby quilts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always such an encouragement! I love your quilts and after seeing yours I'm always fired up a little to quilt again. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your baby quilts. You are ready for the next baby shower :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, good job! I love my block! I'm so glad you put lamb fabric in it! I'll think of you every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your baby quilts, and I think quilt number two would definitely work for a boy. I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Amy you're on a baby roll - these are wonderful!!! I'm not sure but I think that one quilt is a little girly for a boy....maybe it's the flowers. I really love that first one!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...