Swaps

May 18, 2016

Some of my projects have been secret ones. Now that they are delivered I can finally share. =)

April's Sew Sweet Bee queen bee was Donna @ Donna's Lavender Nest. She asked for a strawberry block from Lori Holt's book, Farm Girl Vintage. So cute!!


For the Chosen Sister's Birthday swap, Pennie had asked for an Amy Butler Weekender Bag. I have made it once before, you can see it here, so I took on the challenge to make one for Pennie.  As it was the first time, it is a bag that takes a lot of time and you can't hurry through it. For a while I wanted to give up. Dare I confess, I wanted to throw it across the room? But for Pennie, I powered through and I am pleased with how it turned out, even with the flaws. Last weekend Pennie shared she took it to her first quilting retreat. =) That made all the struggle worth it. =) 


Terrible picture of the interior.


I send a hearty THANK YOU to my friend Capi, for graciously hand sewing the lining in for me. =) 

For the record, this may be the last one I attempt, or at least until I sufficiently forget how challenging it is to make. =D

Have a happy Wednesday!


 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I've only made two bags so far, and my girls love them and want more, but I'd rather sew many, many quilts before tackling bags again - so I know how you feel :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag looks great. Love how it turned out.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bag and strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strawberry is very cute, and the bag is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used the Farm Girl book to make a charity quilt at our winter retreat. There are so many great blocks in that book. I have the weekender pattern but have not made my first bag yet. Your bag looks great. I don't think that this is a good time for me to give that pattern a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That block is adorable and I love the Weekender Bag. I've thought about making it, but haven't gotten the pattern yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The strawberry block is so cute. :-) I have strawberry things in my kitchen. Well, honestly, they are making their way throughout the house in various places. hehe

    The bag does look like a lot of work, but the results look really nice. Your comment about not making another one till you forget how hard it was makes me smile. Isn't that how we are sometimes with things? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow girl, how gorgeous!!!!! That bag looks amazing, but ugh...I think my bag-making days are behind me.
    I was laughing about your forgetting sunscreen on your face, ouch. I took my grandmother to FL one time, to visit relatives, and while she was visiting I fell asleep by the pool. My whole front got sunburned, and my backside was still ghostly white. It hurt so bad that all I could wear was a tank top and shorts on the trip back - I remember gassing up in Ohio, during a raging snowstorm, in tank top and shorts, while looking like a candy cane, red and white. I got a lot of strange looks, that's for sure....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...