Kitchen Remodel - Part Six

September 4, 2016

And now we have cabinetry! This is a picture of the work in progress. My hubby and a dear friend hung them and it went well. We really do like the bead board look, so we are sure about keeping them, although the company offered to send the ones we originally ordered if we want them to. 


It was a little nerve wracking to drill in the new cabinets to add the knobs and cups! I was holding my breath a lot during that process. I am really enjoying have an almost fully functioning kitchen. The countertop is on order and as soon as it arrives, I will be doing a happy dance! Getting a countertop means I will finally get my sink back!



For the small drawers, I chose to use reproduction green glass knobs from Look In The Attic to add a bit of glam. Love glass knobs!


In the upper corner cupboard, I ordered two lazy susans by Rev a Shelf from Kitchen Source  to help make the cabinet more easily assessable. Now things won't get lost in the back. 


The peninsula lights got hung up today. =)


What we have left to is the back splash, the crown molding and toe kicks to install. 

We are so close to being done! 


 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

15 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! The finish line is in sight! You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Amy! I know what you mean about installing the hardware on the cabinets. When we had our bathrooms done, the cabinet guys drilled the holes by sight. No template or anything. I was super stressed by that even though he'd probably done it a million times before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful and cozy looking! Love your little glass green knobs! Soon all will be done. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking great, I love those knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I love it all - love the glass knobs, the Edison lights, the beaded cabinets but especially all those drawers!!! Oh how I miss my drawers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, WOW, your kitchen is going to be GORGEOUS! I LOVE both bead board and board and batten, so your remodeled kitchen is right up my alley! Can't wait to see the finished project! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen looks gorgeous! I like the bead board cabinet doors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, this kitchen looks spectacular. So.... does this mean you have to cook?
    I love the cabinets and yes, the lazy susan things, and the glass knobs. All of it looks just so sweet, so lovely.

    -- I want to moooooooove. I want out of this huge house.
    One day, I will have a nice little cottage for me and hubbybubby and the kittyboys and my machines and his computers. hahaha
    (we have so much stuffff, mom and dad's stuff, our stuff, daughters stuffs, oh my)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, I think you made the right choice on your cabinets. They are timeless. They really make a clean statement. Your kitchen will give you many happy hours fo cooking. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two did a great job!! Your new kitchen looks absolutly lovely♥
    I just love the cabinets, the glas knobs, the lamps... everything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness your kitchen is looking awesome. Your kitchen looks so much bigger now. The bead board cabinets are perfect and the glass knobs be still my heart. So glad you can see the end in sight.
    Hope you have a beautiful day.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the peninsula lights --- those are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kitchen is looking pretty great. The cabinets are beautiful and the white is so cheerful. We did a similar project a few years ago and it made such a difference.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...