Quick easy quilt patterns

November 8, 2016

I am always on the look out for quick and easy patterns that are perfect for a quick gifts or donation quilts. Here are two that are great for using those fat quarters.

The first one is a free pattern by Quilt Taffy called Speedy Baby.  I chose to make two that are similar but not identical to donate to the NICU where my granddaughter Millie is being cared for. A mom with twin boys will love them, I think. =)



Quilt Taffy has another free pattern called Speedy Baby 2 that is a great way to use up charm packs that are hanging around. I have made both of these patterns many times and are great for beginners! 

Perfect Ten by Swirly Girls is a new favorite pattern of mine. I stumbled upon this pattern at work and my mind started swirling with ideas. First, it's a great way to use up fat quarters, but this pattern is also a great way to showcase panels. I don't know about you, but I never know how to use those panels. I have some in my stash that I am looking at with new interest! The following two quilts I made for shop samples. 

I didn't get a picture of this one after I added the borders. After the borders, it measures 60" x 72". Perfect lap quilt size and my favorite size to make.


This sample without the borders measures 48" x 60". Another nice lap size or a very generous baby quilt. 


I have two more Perfect Ten quilts made for the girls for Christmas. I altered the pattern a bit for them and I will share them when they are finished. 

Do you have a go-to pattern you like to use for quick quilts? Please share! 



 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

7 comments:

  1. That's pretty clever about using the Perfect 10 pattern to showcase blocks. I made a Perfect 10 quilt several years ago and I love it. I liked that it was an 'interesting' setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful quilts for NICU! Love how you showcased those adorable animal blocks in the Perfect 10 pattern. Thank you for the reminder of the Speedy Baby Quilt - I have some Berenstein Bear fabric that I want to use for that pattern - maybe before Christmas...:)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts turned out great! I love the bright colors on the middle one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute quilts and such a lovely way to give.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I have Perfect 10 and all the fabric, but I wish I'd written out what I was planning for it because now I can't exactly remember!! 😀 I'm glad to hear it is quick and easy to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, there are quite a few quickie patterns on Moda Bake shop, and Also Fat Quarter Shop. Very uncomplicated, great instructions for the partly inattentive.

    Happy Wednesday, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work, Amy. I am with you on 60" x 72" being a perfect size ... I can handle and quilt that nicely on my domestic machine - anything larger and I am rather overwhelmed ...

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...