Brooklyn's 4th birthday

July 22, 2011

Last weekend we celebrated Brooklyn's 4th birthday. 

For those who don't know, here is the background information....

Brooklyn is my son, Holden's, first child. 


He and Kayla, his girlfriend at the time, made the choice to place her for adoption. Kayla holds a very special place in my heart. 




 Jen and Steve, her parents, chose to have an open adoption and we are all involved in Brooklyn's life.


Brooklyn has lots of grandmas to love up on her.


It's obvious she is well loved... 


 I won't say that it hasn't been without it's challenges...All families have their challenges. Adoption just has some different ones. I speak from experience because my two youngest boys are adopted. 

I will say this, even with the challenges that pop up, adoption is a wonderful thing ...


A book I highly recommend on adoption, is by Dr. Russell Moore, "Adopted For Life." 

Every child deserves a family. 

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how she has grown...and how beautiful she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, she is growing....... my turn to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extra special blessings indeed! God is always amazing, surprising and faithful in each need!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...