Blogger's Quilt Festival

October 26, 2012

Amy's Creative Side

I love the Blogger's Quilt Festival that Amy @amyscreativeside hosts for us twice a year. It's a great time to find new blogging friends and to find inspiration in all the beautiful quilts being shown.



I am pleased to share with all of  you my version of Sandy Klop's pattern Merry-Go-Round. I first saw this quilt at a dear friend's home hanging on her wall and it was love at first sight. She blessed me with the pattern and the ruler to make one for myself.

For my version, I used a mix of Vintage Modern and Bliss by Bonnie and Camille. The quilt finishes at 60 ½" x 61 ½". Though you have to be careful because you are working with bias edges, the quilt goes together surprisingly easily.


I echo quilted inside each hexagon 5 times. 

Yes, it seemed to take forever, but I knew it wold be worth it in the end. 

And it was worth it...


I like to make the back of my quilts pretty, too...



I hope you enjoyed your stay here at my little corner of the web. Until next time...

Happy Quilting!


Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 60 1/2″x 61 1/2″
Quilted by : Me. =) 
Best Category : Throw quilt, Home Machine quilted

23 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheerful quilt you have made. Wonderful quilting Amy.

    Thanks for sharing.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful, Amy! I love the pattern and fabric. The quilting is the icing on the cake and well worth the extra effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely quilt - such fabby colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful happy quilt!! Love the back too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this beautiful quilt. I've got a version made in Wee Play and Look and Learn waiting patiently to be quilted. Such a pretty back too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, your quilt is lovely. I love the name of your blog. Lovely quilting : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a big hexagon fan. And those lines by Bonnie and Camille are some of my favorites. Your backing is so pretty; it makes for a nice reversible quilt. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where have I been???? That is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work Amy!! Your are right , that is alot of work with the five times around...do you have a long arm or do you just keep turning??/
    Nice back too...thanks for sharing...

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt Amy, and those fabrics are perfect for the design. You did an amazing job.

    And ooh la la the back is as pretty as the front!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work, the hexagons are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not sure which is my favorite...the front or the back!! Love this quilt!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt! I absolutely love hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Red and aqua/turquoise are one of my favorite fabric combinations!
    Jaye
    http://artquiltmaker.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh! Hexagon quilt! Absolutely beautiful.
    Love the colours. You must be so pleased with
    the results of this quilt. Awesome quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the quilt, Amy! And I love the back, too! I like to make my backs pretty, and yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great quilt, beautiful colors. I especially like the unusual edge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt is divine! The colors are wonderful and I have a serious hexy crush!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is just lovely. The prints and colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...