Been Traveling!

May 11, 2014


A few months ago, I was posting things that would lead you to believe that there was a serious situation going on in our home life, and there is. Something I am unable to talk about, at least at this time. I can say it involves one of our children and is an ongoing situation that will be going on for months on end. The stress, sorrow, shame, and pain has been overwhelming at times. Russ and I have been longing to run away for a long, long time. God provided a time for us to do that last week and what a great time we had....I won't bore you with too many vacation pictures. ;) However, I do want to highlight a few special moments during our time away. 

Our travels took us southeast into Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida, we also drove through Alabama on our way home. The only state I had been to before was Kentucky, so it was a real feast to my eyes to see such beautiful scenery I had only seen in pictures before now. I will say this...There is something to be said about southern hospitality and manners. They do it right!!

In TN, we ate dinner with a dear online friend, Capi and her husband. Capi made this wall hanging for her dad using my Oh, Happy Day tutorial as an inspiration. =) Isn't it darling!! Now, something you should know about Capi, she is one very talented lady and has a darling Etsy store, Chosen Sisters, you should check out. Really! She makes the cutest tape measures that I think every quilter should own. I know I love mine!!


On way home, also in TN, I was able to meet up with a long time online friend, Bridget. She and I have been friends for 10 years or so via a homeschooling forum. =) It was a precious, precious time to sit and catch up with her...


One more friend, I was able to meet up with is Michelle@Renewing Mrs. Sew & Sew...We met up in Florida on our way down to the beach.

Ummm, my bad! I didn't get a picture of the two of us!! =( Trust me when I say, she is beautiful, inside and out!! I don't think we stopped talking except to catch our breath!! She blessed me with these sweet fat eighths from her stash. I love them!!!


These fabrics and pattern found there ay home with me when we shopped at a couple of quilt stores. 



We didn't do a lot of that on this trip. Our goal was to relax, unwind and enjoy the sights and we sure did!! We are already hoping to go back again next year. =)

16 comments:

  1. What wonderful times of getting away, and meeting up with friends! I was blessed to see your smiling face. Happy Mother's Day, Amy ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for you that you were able to have a nice time away. We have had some tough things happen in our family these past couple of years and making time to get away and spending a little time being creative always helps. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip! This summer my husband's work conference is in Atlanta, GA and we will be driving through TN and AL to get there so I am planning our vacation around it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes a little break in the action helps us to relax, regroup and refocus. I hope it did all of that for you! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so great to see you and talk to you and Russ. (sorry if I almost talked your ear off) So glad you both had a great time. Happy Mother's Day! Sending you (((hugs))) from Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like that this was a great trip. To travel helps to recharge the batteries, as we say, and to refocus. I hope it has this effect on you.

    Hugs
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes we all just need a little "time out". Looks like you had fun, and it is the perfect time of year for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun, relaxing trip. You both deserved it. Have fun stitching with your new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Looks like you had a well-deserved wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am so glad you have a great trip and a chance to unwind and just relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, I am glad you had a wonderful trip with your husband. Sounds like it is just what you both needed at just the right time. The thing about motherhood is it never ends...and even when our kids are grown, things pull on our heartstrings and we hang on to our faith. Will be praying for your family. Pretty fabric too, and hope you enjoy using it in a quilt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad that you had a good trip and time away! Wish you could have stopped by here in VA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you and hubby to enjoy a holiday! And yes indeed you should post more pictures :) We enjoy seeing you and hubby having a positive event in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so thankful you were able to get away for a few days to spend precious time together. How fantastic to meet blogging friends.

    I will continue to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice break from life! We all need that sometimes. I will be keeping you all in prayer. And next time you'll have to get to TX. Everything's bigger in TX, as they say, including our southern hospitality and charm. :) The hill country is a beautiful place to get away so I highly recommend it for your next road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you had a great break, you deserved it. You have some lovely friends :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...