Cowboys, Fabric and Old Stuff

May 27, 2014

Good morning, sweet friends!! I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend. I am SO glad summer is finally here!

Anytime I can get away for the weekend with my husband is a fun weekend, however, our weekend was especially fun!! My husband is a member of the Single Action Shooting Society. Every 3rd weekend, he joins many other men and woman who get dressed up in their cowboy duds and compete in shooting contests. We are talking cowboy boots, holsters, hats, the works! He has so much fun! And while he is doing that, I am home in the hotel with my featherweight and sewing to my hearts desire. Win-win! 


He is back at the hotel from his morning shoot around lunch time, so we have the rest of the day to do  fun stuff together, like shopping at antique stores, thrift stores and quilt shops. This darling little toy sewing machine found it's way back to my sewing room. =)


I also found a sweet lamb planter. I am always on the lookout for them. I made it into a pin cushion using a felted wool ball I made out of wool roving. She makes me smile. =)


And that sweet little lamb is sitting upon Lori Holt's new fabric line Vintage Happy. Oh, yes...That is one happy, happy fabric and I am one happy, happy woman to have it in my stash!

I hope you all had a great weekend, too!! =D





11 comments:

  1. I love that toy sewing machine and the pin cushion is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how darling! I just started my collection of vintage toy sewing machines. I only have one but maybe more to come. Sounds like you had a great holiday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cowboy shoot out, that sounds like fun!!! i love the little machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use Bonnie and Camille fabric, right? Little Miss Shabby is having a swap. I am resisting temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great!! and a routine too!! another win!! Love the fabs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the headquarters of the Single Action Shooting Society 7 miles from here in Edgewood that holds a big festival in June at the "Founders' Ranch." Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun and such cute finds. Love your bottle with the top for sprinkling clothes when you iron. My grandmother always had one of those sitting on the ironing board.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post made me smile this morning! Pretty fabric, cute machine, adorable lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy you had a great weekend. Oh how I love your new little sewing machine. So cute. The lamb pin cushion is just adorable and so you.
    Hope you are having a great day.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talk about scoring! You surely did this weekend. Glad it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...