A Quilt for my Naomi

June 25, 2014

This is my Naomi, who is  a precious, precious friend...In fact, Russ and I consider her to be our second daughter.


Here is a silly picture of us trying to take a selfie in our kayaks. The trick was to not have our boats tip from our laughing so hard!



My sweet Naomi is moving in a few weeks to start a new job. *sob* But it's not too far away that we won't still get to see her and visit. *yay* In fact, we told her we had visitation rights and should get to see her at least once a month. ;) We are holding her to that.

A couple of years ago, I scoured the internet to find a Simplicity layer cake by Moda for her birthday (our birthdays are a couple of weeks apart). She loves that line as much as I do! The plan was for her to make herself a quilt. She started one, but with her impeding move, she knew it wouldn't get done for a long time and asked me if I would make it for her. Of course!!

I dug around in my stash for other fabric that played nicely with the Simplicity fabric. I think the end result is so pretty and sweet. Just like my Naomi. =) (The hanging baskets are flowers that Naomi planted for me as a surprise.)




Naomi has promised to use it until it falls into itty bitty pieces. =) That's what I want her to do. I want her to feel the love I have for her every time she cuddles with her quilt. =)

Now that I have made myself cry, its time for me to get to work!!

Have a happy Wednesday, friends!!

16 comments:

  1. She will so love this quilt. Yes, we have adopted a few kids in our life time and miss them when they are gone like I miss my own. It is good she will be close enough to see her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy you are such a sweet friend. I love that quilt and I sure Naomi is going to love it even more. What a great picture of you two.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another really wonderful creation!
    I do hope you get to visit each other often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt and marvellous gift for "your" Naomi...she'll be wrapped in your love no matter where she is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your selfie! What a lovely post - an adorable quilt for an adorable lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure she is going to treasure the quilt you finished for her. I love that she worked on part of it and you worked on the rest. There's a little bit of both of you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a beautiful quilt and gift for a special girl. She will love it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special gift to give her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilt and I hate it when our kids "real" and adopted move away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet quilt for a good friend. love the pic of you and of the flowers she planted for you. we all need to feel loved and comforted and a quilt surely fits the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosemary B here:
    This is a lovely quilt. I love Naomi too, just by these photos and her face, and your friendship.
    I hope you can see each other often.
    Best wishes to Naomi on her new adventure.
    and love to you, Amy

    Now I am off to take my dad to the doc. Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful quilt. Enjoy it Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THat turned out so nice. :) Love the sweet fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely quilt - as usual from you. I'm glad she's going to use it and feel the love. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...