A Few Finishes

August 19, 2014

First...I LOVE my job!! I am so thankful to be working at a darling quilt shop (Cotton Creek Mill) that I love and with people that I love. =) I will say, working has cut into my blogging time. When I have my days off, I would much rather sew than blog. Just keeping it real. =) So, if I have been absent from  your blogs when it comes to comments, that would be why, but I do read every one of the posts. =)

That said I am, also behind on posting some finishes, so without further ado, here are the latest quilts I have finished up.

The Nested Churn Dash...Pattern by Quilt Jane.




 I am only slightly obsessed with Bonnie and Camille fabric lines...Dare I mention I have a Miss Kate Jelly Roll in my stash. One of many perks of working at Cotton Creek Mill. ;-)




 And this is a wedding gift for a couple in my church. I used two layer cakes of Holly Taylor's Woodland Summer.


And the pretty back...


I quilted it using 12 weight Sulky thread (purchased from Cotton Creek Mill...Yet another perk of working at a quilt shop). I used a size 100/18 needle in my Juki and it worked like a charm! I used regular 50 weight thread in the bobbin. I will definitely use the 12 weight thread more often. I love how it looks!



Oh, and today is our 14th wedding anniversary! Yay, us!! Please ignore my helmet hair and the awkwardness of this photo. We were sitting in a hammock and trying not to fall out!


                Have a happy week!!

20 comments:

  1. My goodness you've been a busy gal. How do you get so much done and have a real job too?! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your fabulous job! That may be a dangerous place for you to work though, just saying....all that beautiful fabric may be too much of a temptation :) i love your quilting projects!

    ReplyDelete









  3. Happy Anniversary. Looks like you really enjoy your job and the finishes are so great. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Your quilts turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finishes, Amy! Happy anniversary to you and your wonderful hubby! I am so glad you are happy at your job. There is something to be said for loving what you do! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy day to you! Worth celebrating for sure... {grin}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Love the helmet hair!

    I think if I worked at a quilt shop, I'd just be signing over my paycheck every month! Can't wait to see what you do with Miss Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary that is wonderful. I am so glad your new job is working out. Your quilts turned out gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary!!! these are some really awesome finishes! i love the nested churn dash

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never tire of seeing your "masterpieces",Amy! We love the same sort of fabrics. Do you wash your quilts after you finish them? Yours always look so soft and cozy. Also, what needle do you like to use in your Juki if you use Aurifil thread? I'm having a terrible time with tension trying to quilt with my Juki...God bless you in your sewing, marriage and new career!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so luck to be able to work for a quilt shop...I must say I have eye candy over load, everything was so wonderful and the fabrics...ummm ummmm good

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the finishes, you have been a busy girl! It's nice when you can quilt your own too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful finishes Amy. Happy Anniversary. That is a great picture of you two.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely finishes! Happy, happy anniversary!
    Sounds like you are loving your job! I think working in a quilt store would be my dream job! Definitely, the only job I can imagine going back into the workforce for!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy anniversary - you're a cute couple, hey?! And the back of your wedding gift quilt is nicer than some fronts - they'll love it. Let's hope they'll be as happy in a hammock in 14 years time! We celebrate 13 years next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. First off - sending you (belated) anniversary wishes! Hope your day was wonderful, and that you get to celebrate many more!
    Next, I have to make at least one of those Nested Churn Dash quilts - I have the pattern - just like you though, I don't have half enough time to do everything I want to do.
    I LOVE Bonnie and Camille fabrics too!!! I don't think I have any leftover bits, although I might have when I finish my August project - it's a Herringbone quilt made with 2 Vintage Modern charm packs.
    Finally, that wedding quilt is GORGEOUS!!!! You must really love that couple!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a joy-filled post! Happy Anniversary! Congratulations of the job. And what great finishes. I'm wanting to do a red and aqua winter themed quilt, but I have to get this red, black, and white finished first. augh! So many projects, so little time. Have a great week!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful quilts and Happy Anniversary!! Cute pic of you two! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...