A Little R and R

August 10, 2014

Last Thursday, Russ and I took off for the weekend for some much needed r and r. We stayed at a darling inn at Kendall, WI. We will most definitely be going back. =) 


Out our back door we were able to jump on the Elroy/Sparta bike trail


I also found time to do some sewing in the sun. 


Of course we hit a few quilting shops while we were away, too. =)

I found some Three Sisters Aviary on clearance to use with the honey bun of Aviary that Colleen @ Quilting Under The Sun gifted to me a few weeks ago. 


Also on sale, was some Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille. To go with it, I found some Moda Bella solid in aqua (I think that is what color it is) and some Kona cotton Cardinal red. I really need to make something with my Scrumptious fat quarter bundle one of these days. 


I love these cute vintage prints by Andover called Wash Day. I had to have the glasses, just because they are cute!


 Now I need to get busy and decide what to make with all the fabric I brought home!! 





8 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful place to go...and love the fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful place, so nice that you were able to get away ... and sewing on holiday too? Fabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Envious at your get away. Your fabric acquisitions are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices of fabrics! I'm hoping we get to make our annual trip to Colorado in September - some great quilt shops there. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun weekend! You are lucky your husband likes to go fabric shopping with you! Mine would rather walk on nails! :) Love the glasses fabric and need to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got some r and r. You deserve it my dear.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a cute little quilt shop in Sparta. We've been on the bike trail several times.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...