The bag lady who made a quilt

July 26, 2015

Good Morning!! =)

I am here to share a pattern that I often looked at and considered buying, but never quite talked myself into clicking the BUY button. The Grocery Bag pattern by Michelle's Patterns. Last week, someone on IG mentioned they had two of these bags cut out and in their ufo pile. They were finally going got get theirs done. When I read that, I revisited Michelle's Patterns Etsy shop and committed by clicking the BUY button. For two days I cut and sewed 10...Yes, 10 of these bags. They are awesome bags!! I will be giving them away as gifts, as well as using them around my house. The pattern is clear, easy and so fun! They go together like a dream. I had zero problems getting them to go together and look nice. Every one of them turned out perfectly. Love it when that happens!! They are reversible, too, so twice the fun and they are a great way to use up stash that has been sitting around for far too long. The patten includes instructions for three sizes, S, M, L. The ones pictured are medium, which is my favorite size, but if you are going to use them to get groceries, the large would be the way to go. It will hold a lot! She also gives you permission to make them and sell them in your own shop, just make sure you give the pattern credit to her. Michelle has no idea I am blogging about her pattern today, so, in other words, my review is all on my own and I am not receiving anything for it. =) 


When I wasn't sewing bags, I made up this baby quilt for a new baby girl born in our church. I love her name!! It's not one we hear very often these days. =) 


Her mom dresses up her older sisters in fun frilly dresses, so this fabric was meant to be used for their new baby sister's quilt. 


It will be wrapped up in a new grocery bag, of course. =) 

Have a happy Sunday!!


 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bags you've finished...and thanks for the link--I think a few of these would make great Christmas gifts for friends... as well as my own self--I hate those bags from stores--I like the idea of your own special bags--maybe all fabric-coordinated hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bag pattern. The quilt is so cute I know they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!! I have 5 cut out and on my UFO/WiP list waiting to be sewn together. I MUST get them finished - they are incredible bags!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bags and the cute, cute baby quilt. Your friend will enjoy getting two gifts in one - (quilt in one of your special bags). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are expecting a girl great grand and i love that quilt , hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute baby quilt. I plan on making bags one day. No pattern, I'll copy a bag I already have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling quilt! Lucky Baby! And I admire your bag making skills! I've made a lot of various bags, but always because they're needed, and then when one is done, I say to myself, "Just think of how much quilting you could have gotten done in that length of time!) 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those bags! The fabric is great too. Are the handles long enough?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fabric bags will make excellent gifts and also "gift wrappings". Super fun Pink Girly quilt. July Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great gift idea. Thanks for the review! Cute quilt. Love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT bags! --- as if I need more bags.... but other people do need bags.
    I could make a couple of these. They do look wonderful.
    The quilt is super adorable. I do love the olden names very much.
    This will be a lovely treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A couple of years ago I made two dozen market bags and gave them all away at Christmas! Needless to say they were a big hit. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. so addddddddddddddorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the fabrics you used in the baby quilt. so so cute. and your bags look fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super work - those bags are special and the quilt? Gorgeous ... Edith is a delightful name - not heard of much over here any more either - hopefully, it's making a comeback.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...