Postcard From Sweden {finished top}

February 2, 2016

Snowy day here in Iowa today, so no work for me. I thought I would share how I kept organized as I made my Postcard From Sweden quilt top by Jeli Quilts. 

{Note to Craftygramma: I didn't have an email to respond to your comment. =) I was already too far in my process to make this into a quilt along. I hope this post is helpful for you. =) }

After I cut my squares, I immediately cut them into the triangles, then used my Wonder Clips to keep them together with their color name and number. In my picture, the ones with only the number are the ones I had that were the exact color she had in her list. As you can see, a vast majority of my colors were replacements. 


I followed Kelly's suggestion of having stickers with a row and number to help keep track of where it belonged. When I matched the triangles that went together, I put the sticker on the upper right section before sewing, that way I would know which way the triangle was to lay. I then chained pieced the triangles for each row. After each row was made, I marked it off. It helped me keep my eyes looking at the right spot. 


Here is one of the piles of triangles sewn together waiting to be trimmed and them put together in a row. The number/row sticker is still on each HST. I did not remove them until the row was all put together. For my quilt, I chose to press all my HST's open to eliminate bulk in the seams. 


The rows go together quickly. These have the little stickers removed and now each row is marked with their letter to keep them in order.


Here they are all done and waiting to be put together. =) 


And here it is! All sewn together! I made the larger version. It finishes at 60" x 75". It's such a bright and happy quilt. =) 


I am going to use this text 108" fabric by Windham for the back. 


Before I let you go for the day, I have been getting many no-reply comments, which means I am unable to respond to your comment. If you doubt whether or not your setting are set as no-reply, please consider leaving your email in your comment so I can reach you. =)  

Have a happy day!! 

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh oh my oh myyyyyyy Beautifical
    This is so wondermous. Thank you for sharing and
    ....oh my gosh (LOL) ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my way here from Kathy Stitch by Stitch blog. I am so glad I did! Your quilt is beautiful, and I appreciate how you shared your method for keeping order. I do something similar when I plan my crochet with granny squares. I am a "wish to be" quilter. Cheers, from Alexine in Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is amazing. Looking forward to seeing to your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, girl, that is DELICIOUS ! Better than fruit salad !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Amy, that top is wonderful! I love that you have polka dot fabric in a few places! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is fabulous, and I love your substitutions. I would have had a hot mess at least one block sewn backwards every row. Love how you kept so organized.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZA! What a fun quilt. Love all the colors.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt! Staying organized was pretty important.

    ReplyDelete
  9. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT - I had to go download the pattern. I love this so much!!! And the addition of the polka dots is AMAZING. Well done girl, keep that momentum going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. O M G Sew very beautiful! Sorry, I just saw this (work gets in the way...in a good way). I had my little grandgirl come over and see your note ("look, gramma is famous!").
    I do appreciate your diligence and the sharing of steps, order,labeling, lovely substitutions and creativity! Thanks for the help!I will continue on my postcard journey with renewed energy.
    Love this as with all your stuff, but this one sure does speak to my heart.
    -craftygramma
    bamadaviscd at gmail dot com (sorry-didn't realize it wasn't visible)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is absolutely STUNNING!!! I love your substitutions - they give the quilt a fresh "pop"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so nice! :)
    Hugs, Ulla from Finland

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...