Postcard From Sweden {Fabric Pull}

February 1, 2016

Have you seen the Postcard From Sweden quilt made by Kelly @Jelliquilts? Please, please, please go to Jelliquilts and read all about Kelly's inspiration. Its awesome!! I'll wait....

Is not Kelly's quilt serious eye candy? I fell in love with it the moment I saw it last year sometime and knew I wanted to make one someday. In fact, a picture of her quilt is my wallpaper on all of my Apple devices. =) I love it that much!!

Source: Jeli Quilts
Kelly offers a free pattern of Postcard From Sweden on Craftsy. The pattern is really well written with a chart and tips. Or you can order a kit on Craftsy. =) 


Now that I am on a roll here after such a long dry spell, I printed the pattern and began to study Kelly's Kona color chart then I began a fabric pull. I went to the Kona site, looked up the color Kelly used and matched that color as close as I could with what I already had in my stash. I was surprised how well I was able to do! There is a lot of purple tones in this quilt and that is one color I have very little of in my stash. My fabric pull includes solids I had left over from the sample I made for Craftsy for my quilt pattern Amy's Stars, Moda Grunge, Michael Miller Cotton Couture and Cotton + Steel. 

Let the fun begin!!

Have a happy Monday!! 

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

5 comments:

  1. this is going to be absolutely amazing. the quilt is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we / can we make this a quiltalong? Please?

    I printed the pattern and instructions a couple of weeks ago, have been buying what colors I could find locally.
    A lovely woman at one of my local shops helped me figure out the math (1/4-3/8 yds) depending on how many squares of each color...

    I have cut what I have into 6" strips...just need to find/substitute colors
    I couldn't find.

    You are brave to use some prints. I like the ones you have, but I don't have any even close. I find that i tend to have less purple and orange...

    I'll be awaiting your answer!
    Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be a stunning quilt. Your fabric pull is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are not going to use all solids, Amy.
    I could probably do this..... Oh my.
    I feel so ADHD lately lol
    This is going to be very pretty. Please share your process so we can cheer you on
    love always

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for such a lovely review. Your quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...