Dashing

May 17, 2017

Background: Essex linen in natural



This is a pattern I will use again. It went together fairly quickly and it was easy. The hardest part was doing the layout. You need to know what fabric is going where before you make the blocks. I am so thankful for digital photography for things like that. I laid out the fabric and took a picture so I would remember how it would go after the blocks were made. 

I love the look and feel of the linen, however, the seams are a bit bulky. It took some strenuous pressing to get them to lay as flat as I could get them. I chose to quilt it by stitching in the ditch. Simple and effective. =)


This is the one black I am disappointed with. The contrast is way to low, but I didn't notice how bad it was until the top was put together. By then I didn't want to take it apart and make a new block. Overall, I think the quilt is still pretty. =) 


And the back...I wish the pictures were better with showing how pretty this fabric line is. The first two pictures showing just the blocks are a better representation of the colors. I loved it so much, I ended up buying 5 charm packs to use with the left over scraps from the fat eighth bundle I used for this quilt. I'm still looking for the perfect pattern to use. =)


 Thanks for stopping by!! Have a very happy Wednesday! 


 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

10 comments:

  1. So pretty! Give Quilter's Linen by Robert Kauffman a try. It has the look of linen but it's quilting cotton. I used it in a quilt and love it. Just be sure to give it a little starch before you cut, it tends to stretch a bit otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern and Olive's Flower Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not come across either of these blocks before the quilt looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these blocks and the layout pattern they make together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty fabrics, and the blocks are gorgeous. As always you have a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this quilt very very very much

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que precioso quilt, me encanta
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really pretty quilt! I love the fabric line - haven't seen it in stores yet, but I'm possibly going to Quilt Festival in Shipshewana next month, so I can look for it there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi I am a lamb of God too. Did you make your churn dash block larger than the mini churn dash? I have the strip set of olives garden could that work with this pattern?

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...