iMac ~ Retired

November 15, 2019

 iMac is now retired...

For the past 10 years, my iMac has never given me any trouble. None. The only thing wrong with it is  it's outdated and hasn't been able to be updated since 2015. When I bought my MacBook Pro 4 years ago, it became my main machine, while my iMac was mainly used for streaming TV shows while I sewed. For the last couple of years that had become a frustrating endeavor. Nothing was clear and often the computer would freeze. Time for a change...


Now I have a Roku stick to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime on a Sony monitor. It has made watching TV a much better experience. 


I am not ready to fully let the iMac go. It can still do computer things, it just can't do heavy graphics, so it got moved to the upstairs office. 

And speaking of retirement...

I retired in July. It seemed silly to make a fuss when I had only been working for 5 years and part-time, at that, so I never mentioned it. That's the reason why I have been able to get so much sewing done lately. I miss the ladies and the creative energy from the shop, but I am so happy to be home again. My days are filled with keeping the home, sewing, and Bible studies with my church friends. 

I am content, happy...
and grateful.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement. Glad you are enjoying it and spending the time doing wht you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement is wonderful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you can be home again - enjoy! I too need to retire my computer. We bought it used, and it has done a great job, but yes, it can't be updated anymore. I don't like change though :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on your retirement.
    It is nice to finally have a bit more control over the house, do some things that have been on hold.
    I love Bible study groups. I used to attend the one at the Lutheran Church just down the road. I am Methodist, but we are surrounded by just about every denomination, so that is nice.
    We have all mac stuff. I watch apps on tv, we have Roku.
    What is there to watch on tv?
    We watch tv every night and I think I have seen all of the murder shows, all of the documentaries, all of the history, and plenty of terrible bad american tv of the current type. So much swearing and waaaay too many things I did not want to see.
    Anyway, you have a good set up.
    I hope you find some shows that are worthy, and will not fry your brains.
    I have seen all of the old episodes of Beaver, I Dream Of Jeanne, McHales Navy, Dennis etc
    Rick Steves has some good shows
    Have a fun week-end in your jammies and sewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I don't keep up with my blog as much as I use to. My life has been turned upside down a few times since I talked to you last. So glad you are able to be home and doing your favorite things. Glad to see you are doing well. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. 16 years left for me haha. Unless my husband gets a job with benefits I'm stuck here.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...