Temperature Quilt Pattern - Scrap Pattern

January 16, 2020

It's that time of the year where quilters are beginning to plan and make temperature quilts. Although I am not making a temperature quilt this year, a fellow blogger,  Joanne @ Canuck Quilter posted her original design for a temperature quilt that caught my attention and she is offering the pattern for free! Check this out! 


Not only is this a clever design for a temperature quilt, it's also a great design for using up scraps! 
I made this baby quilt yesterday and that included figuring out the math, so it goes together quickly! 


I am going to make another one, but I am going to change the layout. I discovered by reversing every other row, it creates a circle effect and I want to try that!


Some other ideas I had: 
1 - Use left over jelly roll strips for the colored fabric 
2 - Rainbow quilts 
3 - Single colored quilts 
4 -Two colored quilts
5 - Super scrappy quilts 
6 - Create an ombre quilt 

It's fun finding a pattern that is so versatile, quick and easy! 

In my quilt, I used 2 ½" squares instead of 2" squares that the pattern called for and it finishes at 
38 ½" x 42 ½".  Here is the math if you want to make one like mine. Please refer to Canuck Quilter's Temperature Quilt pattern for instructions on how to assemble your quilt. 

Colored fabrics:
228 - 2 ½" squares 
OR 
114 - 2 ½" x 4 ½" rectangles (great way to use jelly roll strips)

Background fabric:
Cut 10 - 2 ½" strips and sub cut into
Fabric A)  42 - 2 ½" x 3 ½"
Fabric B) 72 - 2 ½" squares
Fabric C) 72 - 2 1/2" x 1 ½"

When you download Joanne's pattern, please take the time to thank her for her generosity! 


8 comments:

  1. Ah man! Amy, I wasn't going to do another one and now you drop this in my lap! This isn't fair!!!! I still haven't finished 2017 or 2019. You know I'm going to do this. Crud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt. Thanks for sharing. I agree would be a fun quilt to use just to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your baby size info on this cute, cute scrappy quilt. I'm still 'nose deep' (at least it feels that way) :) in my scrap baskets, and I love how this comes together. I'm so happy you get to enjoy your sewing room more again - love your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been considering doing a temperature quilt of afghan this year, but couldn't find a pattern that I liked... This is it!!
    Thanks for sharing it and the link to Joanne's project! Guess I'll *have* to go fabric shopping tomorrow... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening, Amy~

    What a beautiful quilt and such a pretty pattern. Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very COOL!!! or WARM!!! whatever the color scheme.....I am better today; not as dizzy....so I ironed and starched my fat quarters....wooohoooo!!!!.....I have one more good day then the Chemo Dance starts on Friday....it is all good!! because God is so very good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas for using Joanne's pattern! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was actually looking for the pattern you did in 2018 for temperature quilt. I just wanted to read thru the blogs then but can't see the start.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...