Quarantine Quilts

April 16, 2020

Hello!!! 

Raise your hand if you are so very tired of staying home and you miss your friends...

I am a homebody at heart and there is no place I would rather be than at home, however, this time of separation and not being able to go to church or to spend some time with a friend over a cup of tea has been really hard! Much harder than I thought it would be. The good that has come out of this season is how God is exposing areas in my life that need to be fine-tuned...He is using this time for my sanctification and teaching me things that I could not have learned in any other way. In His loving-kindness, He is showing me areas in my life where I am far too self-focused, impatient or selfish. I am thankful for God's grace in my life...

Of course, like many others in the quilting community, I have been using this time to create. So far, I have made four quarantine quilts...

The font I used for the applique in all the quilts is a free font called KG Always A Good Time.


I needed to encourage myself, so I searched for something that would reflect this season of life we are all in and also be an encouragement for future times when life is hard. The sun applique can be found  @Sew4Home. The quote is by Victor Hugo, author of Les Miserables.


I was in the mood for a super low volume quilt...


And, finally, #stay@home...I am so in love with this one! I can say that with no shame about my own work because it was NOT my brainchild. When I was looking online for inspiration for my next project, I stumbled upon the blog of Anne Boundy of Said With Love and she had a quilt she made with her friends where they swapped Dwell houses. You can see it here: Said With Love website. The moment I saw her layout, I knew I had to make it! I chose to use several lines by Lella Boutique with mine. I love the soft spring-like colors. I also used a variety of low volume fabrics for the background fabrics. 




Take care, my friends...This dark night will end and the sun will rise!!

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we are ourselves are comforted by God.                 2 Corinthians 1:3-4  


9 comments:

  1. What a sweet and inspiring post! Your quilts are really special, especially that last one. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful quilts, Amy! Each one is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects. I agree with you. I was a stay at home mom, homeschooling my kids. But this has been a little hard, yet it has definitely brought about some focus on the things that are important. I have time now to do a Bible study with my adult daughter who is home from Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me encanta el quilt , el color que le das es muy dulce
    Cuidate y besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you - LOVE being at home, working on quilts, and knitting and crocheting projects for charities - but I also love visiting my kids and especially my grandkids! Skype has been a blessing.
    Your quilts are beautiful! God's been working in my heart too - change is happening, slowly maybe, but happpening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy!!! Four quilts is a lot of work! Love your house quilt especially! I've been sewing too before all the mulching season arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...