Knock, knock...

May 17, 2021

Good morning! 

I am not sure I am back to continue this blog or not, but until I do decide, I do need to let you all know Google is removing Feedburner (how you currently get emails of my blog posts) as of July. Several different bloggers have been working hard at finding a solution for this. Barbara over at Cat Patches found  a solution. I suggest reading Barbara's blog postespecially the part about your settings. Follow.it (the new subscription service) has imported all of my subscribers. Of course, if you want to be removed, you can unsubscribe anytime. 😊

While I am here, I may as well give an update, right? First, I have my little grandson, Bennett, living with me. As you can imagine, a toddler keeps me very busy! I tip my hat to all the moms of little ones!


Which leads me to the next news, since getting in my sewing room is challenging, to say the least, I decided to give cross stitching a try. It's much easier to pick up and put down when I have a free moment or two. I am hooked!! Here are a my finishes. 

This is my very first project, Shine On by Bonnie and Camille. The pattern is found in their book The Bonnie and Camille Quilt Bee.  


My next little project. I was testing out 18 count Aida cloth to see if I could stitch on it and if I liked it. I can and do like it very much!! One of my local quilt shops carries cross stitching fabric. It's so nice to be able to ask questions and see, touch and feel the different fabrics to stitch on. 


This one is called Stitchville, by Thimble Blossoms



That's only a tiny glimpse of what I have been up to this last year. 

Until we meet again!!

12 comments:

  1. You have been on my mind a lot lately, and am so glad to hear you are doing well - and having your little grandson close. Your cross-stitches are lovely to see. Enjoy! Yes, hope to keep hearing from you - have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little grandson is a cutie for sure! Lucky you, but I'll bet you are tired with a little one running around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so!! I had forgotten how busy and non stop they can be. 😊

      Delete
  3. YESSSS
    I have been thinking about you. I knew you were out there enjoying life. I know that you and Russ were enjoying a lot of hiking and exploring.
    Now you have this adorable red headed Bennett under your wing. How sweet, what an absolute joy. They grow so quickly and he is so lucky to be with both of you.
    Your cross stitching is adorable. It is good to dabble in what fits into the flow. Life is always changing and we are inclined to reach for things to create heirlooms. Bennett will benefit from your love and care.
    I am praying for all of you.
    Here, life is good, exhausting. My daddy is 97 and really needs help daily. I go to him often. I am also gramma to 5 littles. They are like clowns to me. Just silly adorable fun and the time is fleeting all around me. I am quilting, sewing, cleaning, not much cooking, trying to keep healthy, taking care of dear hubbs, he is doing fine, but retired and needs encouragement. Whew. Our cups runneth over πŸ„πŸŒΈπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒŸ☀️πŸ’πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ₯°πŸ₯°❣️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandson is the absolute cutest!

    I love to cross stitch! You're so fortunate to have a shop nearby that sells supplies. Makes a world of difference to see before buying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back (I hope). Pretty cross stitch projects. Cute grandson (we just got our 3rd grandchild).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's SO good to hear from you! I hear you about "do I keep on blogging"? I've had that same discussion with myself... and now with a cute little "distraction", a lot of priorities change!
    Love your cross-stitching! It's really seeing a resurgence. I'm back on the stitching wagon too - and am working on a weekly sampler through Peppermint Purple on FB.
    Looking forward to seeing where you go from here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bennett is such a cutie and he is in such a fun age in his life. As a former preschool teacher of sweeties his age I know that he is filled with boundless energy. Working with a classroom filled with Bennetts is like trying to corral a bunch of kittens. Oh so rewarding and I know you are having fun with him. I like your counted cross stitch of Stitchville and can't help but notice how similar it is to a quilt that you made. It is lovely. Glad to know all is okay and will look forward to anything you choose to write about and share in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking about you the other day! I have you in Bloglovin' which tells me when you post. Oh my a grandbaby living with you! I'm exhausted after a few hours of mine haha. Cross stitch has been making a bit of a come back. I used to do it all the time in the 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented, I love your cross stitch project. Yes, it is fun to have something that is easy to pick up and work on at anytime . . . nice to have something that is portable, too. I always had a project in the camper or for going somewhere that I knew I would have a long wait.
    Your little grandson is adorable, that sweet and happy smile and those gorgeous red curls. What a cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy!!!! Bennett is sew adorable. By the look on his sweet face I can see he keeps you busy. What a blessing to have him.
    Your cross stitch is really pretty. I am seeing more and more quilters picking up cross stitch.
    Love and Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...