First quilt finish of 2010

January 12, 2010

The fabric I chose for Amanda's quilt is the Free Spirit line Sweet Escape by Verna Mosquera. I didn't follow a pattern with this one. I love the look of stacked coins, so I used that concept and made the coins into bricks instead. ;o) The finished quilt measures aprox 80" x 90". The white fabric I used is a vintage bed sheet. I live the crispness of the older cotton sheets. I visit the thrift stores regularly to search for them. For the binding, I like to make it scrappy and use the left over pieces of the fabric in the quilt.



I like to make the back of the quilt pretty, too.


1 comment:

  1. You are my kind of Gal. It's a good thing we don't thrift shop together because we might have to wrestle for the sheets!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...