Projects, finishes and news

September 26, 2011

A sneak peek at a baby quilt I started for a dear friend of mine who is expecting baby number 5. She is having a boy, however, her only daughter is convinced she is having a sister. =)


I only have 1 1/2 rows done out of 10 in the pinwheel quilt and have put in at least ten hours already. It's a bit overwhelming, so I am only working on it in spurts here and there. 


I had several HST left over from the tulip quilts, so I played around with them and came up with these blocks. I have no plans for them yet. I think they are cute. =)


The baby quilt got finished. I love split 9 patches...


Back of the quilt.


All wrapped up in a bow with a rattle, ready to be delivered. 


Oh....One more small thing. 

I have a new grandchild! My first grandson Lucas was born yesterday. I can't wait to meet him. =)

Lucas and his daddy




11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new grandson!
    You make such sweet baby quilts, they are just the best gifts for new babies.
    Hope to see you at the AQS show in Des Moines!

    Brenda...the Farmer's Dotter

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on the new baby...what a exciting gift!!! the baby quilts are looking great. i love the 30's triangles you are playing with. they are beautiful. what about a table runner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Amy, on a new little grandson! I know you can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! I love all of your quilt blocks and your quilt. I really, really love the HST combination you came up with!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH CONGRATULATIONS Amy!! He will rock your world and you will never be the same!

    Love all your projects! You seem to be the kind of person that gets a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of quilty goodness going on over there....and what a sweet picture at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new grandbaby! Now you're officially a grandma! :) Love the pinwheels! Can't get enough of your stuff! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wonderful those flower fabric bloc! I'm sure the project will be so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A grandson! Congratulations! Now I know why you were "practicing" last week!
    Love the baby quilt - and the backing is so fun!
    I love Lily and Will - I did a quilt with the blue and brown colour combo... I'm wondering what the brown fabric is though. Hopefully a new quilt will be a consolation for not getting a baby sister....! Hope all goes well for your friend and her babe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowsers! You've been busy and I love your work. I'm looking forward to a season of time for crafting/sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS on the new grandson! Also, on the lots of sewing stuff you got done. Yipee on the baby!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...