Ruler hanger idea

September 17, 2011

I was catching up on emails this morning and followed a link to a gadget that sparked my own idea. Don't you love it when that happens? 

A few months ago, I picked up these vintage swinging kitchen towel bars for 75¢ a piece. 


I squeezed it to release it from the wall bracket part. 


I picked up tons of packages of these rings last year when they were on clearance. I knew I would find uses for them. 


Slide them on and replace the bar.


Ta-da! A way to hang rulers, patterns or anything else you can think of. 


All that's left to do is to clean up the hangers and find a place to hang them up. 

Have a great weekend!


10 comments:

  1. Well, aren't you resourceful! I love repurposing items - must be the "Dutch" in me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Don't you just love new ideas? How about if you slide the bar through the hole in your rulers?
    Have a GREAT weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea! I'm making a lot of quilts with strips lately. The clips would work great for keeping the strips wrinkle free and ready for use. Thanks for posting your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a GREAT idea...I need to make one of these...then, patch the dozens of holes that I poked in my walls =P

    thanks for sharing!

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot
    iplaywithfiber.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Too bad for me I don't have either item, but I'll be on the lookout ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever girlie! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally jealous! I just can't find a good way for storing rulers, which could possibly mean I have too many! Blessings, Marlene

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...