New Love...Aurifil Thread

December 29, 2012

For my daddy's Christmas quilt (can't show it yet because I haven't given it to him yet), I wanted to use a variegated thread for the quilting. At my LQS, I saw they had 50 weight Aurifil variegated thread in the perfect color I needed. I had never used Aurifil thread before, even though I had heard great things about it. This was the perfect time to give it a try. 

OH! WOW! 

All the hype is true concerning Aurifil thread. It sews like a dream and there was very little lint. 

image source: The Button Company
I L.O.V.E. it! 

As I use up the spools of thread I have on hand, I will be replacing them with Aurifil. 

What is your favorite thread for piecing? For machine quilting? And for those who use a long arm, what  thread do you like the best? 

*I am not being compensated for this blog post. I am simply a happy customer. =)*


8 comments:

  1. I only use Aurifil for piecing. I find the light and dark gray blends with anything and everything so I limit my piecing colors to those two. LIke you mentioned, the hype about this thread is true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I piece with thread from ConnectingThreads.com. I like it a lot. We don't have any shops that sell Aurifil and I might just have to order some on line one day. For quilting on my machine I use what I can find in local shops. YLI is one I have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too love Aurifil and prsecia for embroidery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Presence my ipad has its own spelling lol

      Delete
    2. Let,e try that again presencia a threads finca perle cotton

      Delete
  4. I too love Aurifil thread. ive only used it on my longarm, not for piecing. it is expensive, but i dont have as many breaks with it and not sure how many yards are on a cone, but its a lot. you can do several quilts with a cone. and you can find it cheaper than retail online...somewhere...

    i also really like essential pro from connecting threads. for longarming. havent used it much for piecing. (maybe to use up a bobbin or two)I am phasing out my longarm thread to these 2 brands and trying to use up the stuff i dont like with piecing.

    ok looked up where i ordered it from. http://jhittlesewing.com/sewing/catalog.php and there are 6,400+ yards/cone which are about $31. if you find them any cheaper somewhere else, let me know!

    Happy new year Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've traditionally pieced with Guterman. But after a break from it when I ran out where I pieced with local thread and quilted with Aurifil, I've now returned to it. With not as much love for it as I used to. Aurifil really is so smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear your endorsement of it! I have a sampler of Aurifil thread but haven't had the opportunity to try it.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...