Reorganizing

January 28, 2013

I have been spending the last week reorganizing my home. I am making progress and the hard work has been worth it. 

First up, the blue room (my former sewing room) is now were my long arm lives. I have much to do in here, but my first priority was to get my bedroom back. 


With the long arm out of here, I could rearrange my room and get rid of the dust raccoons that were living in here. Now my room feels like a restful place to be. 


Next up will be the living room. It needs a fresh coat of paint and some rearranging. We spent all day Saturday going through papers, cleaning out drawers and the hutches. Boy, can things pile up! Yikes! I looked at the things I own and made decisions on what can stay because I love it and what could move on for someone else to love. Most went to my daughter, Haley, to pretty up her house. 

Sunday brought us freezing rain and a migraine. Sometimes weather can trigger one for me. It was a stay in bed, sleep all day migraine. =( It's been a while since that has happened. 

That's what has been happening here. Tomorrow is my day to share my Dare to Dresden project. I hope you stop back to see me then. =) 


13 comments:

  1. Your rooms are looking great! I love seeing all of your quilty things!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did pretty up your house. Lucky daughter who scored all your hand me downs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have done some painting and changing also. Not fun while you are doing it, but it looks great when done and you wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! You have reminded me that I still need to paint the bedrooms. The color swatches have been taped to the wall for a while now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been doing much of the same.....it felt good to get back to sewing during the latter days of last week, but I sure am enjoying (like you said), the restful feel of my rearranged bedroom. I do wish I had done some painting, though !

    Speaking of painting, your husband did a beautiful job refinishing that floor where the longarm now stands. You can save that paintjob for the living room walls, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very good. I love your restroom... I have to do something with our former garage - I want to have there sewing room for me and my daughter (she is 9) who loves to sew too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great!! I understand how much work goes into these projects!! Sorry to hear you were sick, I actually heard something while on the weather channel about your freezing rain and I thought of YOU!! Now, relax a bit after you get your Dresden posted!! I just got the Its All About Me pattern for the next blog hop; my first...why did I pick that statement? ha YOU ROCK SISTER!! I am on my 3rd American Jane top....i know, a bit compulsive behavior regarding quilting here! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It feels so good to weed out, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the before pictures of the floor. It looks fabulous.
    I am sure it feels good to be getting things the way you want them. Hope you are feeling better. Migraines are not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always a job to dive in to something like this! But it is so rewarding once it is done. I love the quilt on that bed and the table runner. So sweet and what a sweet room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your rooms look good. I'd love to try that longarm! I'll be back to see that Dresdon project. Take care, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your rooms are coming along! They look great! Looking forward to your post tomorrow!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea! You are getting lots done! Love that Spartan machine. I turned mine into a hand crank, and it's my favorite machine in my 'herd' (yes, it's a large herd, too).

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...