Laurel Burch: Fabulous Felines

April 3, 2013

Graduation is coming and there is one very special young lady who will graduating from high school this year. I have been thinking and planning her quilt for the last two years. I wanted to make a quilt that was fun and have it include her love of cats. It's hard finding patterns or fabrics that aren't too babyish or too cutesy. I wanted something that was more sophisticated for her to take to college in the fall. 

Then I found Laurel Burch's fabric line Fabulous Felines


It couldn't be more perfect!


Her mom requested a triangle quilt. I am going to have a hard time giving this one up. It turned out so amazing! I'll share the final product when I get it quilted....



This is a great video by 60 Minutes on the late Laurel Burch. She was a fascinating lady. =) 



10 comments:

  1. Fabulous Feline Fabrics! This will make a bright and colorful dorm quilt. My first bedsize quilt was for my baby girl to take with her to college. It was very similar colors and she picked the fabrics herself. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colors! :) I can't wait to see the finished product. Are you quilting via long arm or regular sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally Cool!! My Photo Grad Quilts are coming along too.....I want to listen to Lion King movie though these days....memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I not surprised it turned out amazing - all your work is soooooooo brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric is out of this world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely colors for a young lady, and a great gift it is going to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of Laurel Birches fabrics. The colours are just to bright and clean looking in all the fabric lines. I have some of her Christmas fabric saved away waiting for the right project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made several quilts out of Laurel Burch fabrics, the cats, the butterflies. I still have the fish and the jungle animals. They are timeless! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! She made such happy fabric, didn't she?

      Delete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...