Progress on paper piecing project

January 13, 2014

The "S" look terrible and so I had to put the project away for a couple of days. They were really hard and had 5 parts to them. *sigh*


No tears allowed, so I decided to change what I wanted my wall hanging to say...I like it much better now.


Next up, I want to add a boarder to add more design. I thought about prairie points, rick rack and then I decided on paper piecing square in squares. I searched Google for a pattern and used Photoshop to resize it.  I drew new lines to get the ¼" seam allowance since I don't know how to do that with Photoshop. 


They will finish at around 2". They are so cute! 



Thursday is my day to share my Wake Up to Kona blog hop project. I hope you will stop by to see what I made. I have had it done for weeks now and I am really exited to finally be able to show you. =) And if you haven't already, make sure you go check out what the other bloggers have made. You can find the schedule listed on Carol's blog. They will inspire you for sure!! 

Till next time! =)


7 comments:

  1. Nice progress. Looks like the S was hard. Paper piecing is not my thing. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new sign, especially the sewing machine! Do you have a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new wall hanging looks great.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go!! It looks wonderful!!...I am going over to see your project! then heading down to finish organizing my sewing area and then starting the quilt I posted on my blog....wooo hooo! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fallback and regroup, as my Daddy always says. The wall hanging is going to be great! I really like the square in a square border idea!

    I haven't actually tried paper piecing but I've watched so many tutorials on it I can do it in my dreams! 😄

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that! I know what you mean about putting stuff down and coming back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the "S" struggle. I love that alphabet, but haven't used that letter yet. Now I just hope no one has a baby with an "S" in his or her name.

    Love the end result...and the diamond in a square border. My sewing room needs more wall space.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...