Sew Sweet Bee blocks

February 7, 2014

I am part of a sewing bee being hosted by Donna @ Donna's Lavender Nest. Oh, and by the way, she has a great sale at her shop. I may have purchased a bunch of Scrumptious that she had...Ahem....

Donna's month was January and she requested a Jacob's Ladder block with lavender and Kona snow. Lavender is in short supply in my stash, but I had one fat quarter I won from her in a giveaway last year, so I had the perfect fabric waiting for her. =) Now to get it in the mail! 



February's block is for Clara @ Clover and Violet. Clara and her daughter, Jennie are a mother and daughter team who design bags. They have some really cute patterns! Make sure you check them out!

Clara requested a log cabin block with low volume fabric along with red and aqua. Now I have a lot of those fabrics on my stash, so this one was hard in that I had a lot to choose from! 


Next month it's my turn and I have no idea what blocks I want to have the gals in the bee to make for me or what colors!! This is a short month so I need to get busy and make up my mind. =)



5 comments:

  1. Love my block Amy, thank you!! p.s. we made the same block for Donna, sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved the Jacob's ladder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks turned out great, I'm still trying to find my aqua fabric in my boxes. I think I know what my blocks will be for my month, if I don't change my mind before then! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your pretty blocks!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are very pretty! I've never been part of a bee, although I once participated in a quilt block swap for a few years - it's probably quite similar...
    You weren't sure what to request for your month - check out this quilt idea: http://carla-graceandfavour.blogspot.ca/2014/02/fly-away-home.html It looks like it may be dark/light colours or colours opposite each other on the colour wheel. Lots of options!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...