Craftsy and Me

October 21, 2015

Last Spring, I was contacted by the Robert Kaufman company asking if I would be willing to share a quilt I designed with them so they could make a kit to sell on Craftsy. Of course I said YES!! 

The back story, In January of 2014, I participated in a blog hop organized by Madame Samm called, Wake Up to Kona Solids. If you look in my sidebar, the most popular post on my blog was from that blog hop. It was that quilt that caught the eye of the Robert Kaufman people. 

If you follow me on Instagram, this picture was posted in August when I was knee deep in trimming the half square triangles for the quilt they asked me to make for them and to test the pattern they wrote for it. 


After I finished the top, I sent it to their long arm quilter to have it quilted and photographed. I am still pinching myself! Aren't the photos amazing!!?

source

source


No, I am not famous and I never will be, but I am honored to have a quilt I designed featured on Craftsy and for a day or two, I think I will walk on air. =)

Here is the link to my quilt, Amy's Stars featuring Robert Kaufman Kona Solids. =) 

Have a happy Wednesday!! 


 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

22 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt! I can see why they wanted to kit this one up! Congrats, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO COOL!!!!! Congratulations. It is a wonderful pattern.

    On a side note, I think you will like Gooseberry by Vanessa Goertzen because it looks like it would coordinate nicely with Bonnie and Camille.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Amy!!! You are definitely allowed to walk on air - don't limit yourself to just 1 or 2 days :)! The quilt is BEAUTIFUL! Love the border on it. Love your previous one too, and the backing. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're celebrity now! I Love the quilt! You're so talented. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Very well deserved, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Your quilt is just gorgeous, and yes you are famous. Great job. When I get to an intermediate level, I want to make this. I love the solids so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THE COLORS!
    Amy, this is epic. I am so proud to know you.
    (I think I have those sandals too by the way)
    I agree, this is a strikingly marvelous quilt. I want to make it
    and personally I am not crazy about pinwheel quilts (maybe it is because I have made too many of them, lol) This is gorgeous. I do love Kona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Amy! This could not have happened to a more kind and wonderful lady! 😊 I have always loved that quilt. No it gives me a reason to buy it! Sending you hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats to the pattern designer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's one of my favorite quilts you've made - how exciting!!!! Congratulations, dear Amy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! :-) How exciting. :-) I'm happy for you.
    As to being knee deep in trimming half-square triangles - your "knees" look a lot like feet to me, but then, what do I know? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy!!! Congratulations!! How very special! And the quilt is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Amy! It is beautiful! You have a talented eye for design, fabric, and color coordination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I'm sooo very tickled for you! I bet your ecstatic!! I've found your quilts to be very inspiring for years! Now you get to inspire a greater audience! Again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's always been one of my favourite quilts, and I'm SO happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amy,
    Would a thrill. This is so exciting. Congratulations!!
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations ... You are famous ... What an honor! You're quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a bit behind! What a beautiful quilt! What an awesome opportunity! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amy,Are you willing to sell the pattern? Is the pattern even available?

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...