Laptop Sleeve

October 26, 2015

After months of saving, I bought a new MacBook Pro. =) Of course, keeping my investment safe and pretty is a must, so a Google search to find just the right sleeve to make for it was first order of business. 

I originally planned on using the linen Mochi Dot fabric by Moda as the lining, but the fabric I wanted to use for the outside was directional and I couldn't wrap my brain on how to make it work. I ended up over thinking it for days. I finally forced myself to make a decision on the pattern and fabric and just do it and get over myself. Do any of you over think things like that? 


The inside is also linen blend by Moda. For the binding and ties I used lime green grunge. 


The pattern is a free by Robin Quilts, etc. I chose to not round the top flap like her pattern shows, mostly because I didn't want to cut the binding on the bias, and I also like the clean lines. I also added a long wrap around tie (its tacked down on the flap so it won't get lost) instead of using Velcro or a magnet for the closure. It works for me. =) 

The sleeve I really wanted to make was this one with a zipper closure. You can find that tutorial on Crap I've Made. The zipper part was intimidating me and I needed something before I take it to work with me this week. Simple and easy was the way to go. Maybe someday I will give this pattern a try.

Source: Crap I've Made
Before I sign off, I want to thank all of you for sharing in my excitement over my quilt design being on Craftsy. For those who commented and didn't get an email from me personally, it is because I didn't have an email to respond to, but your comments were greatly appreciated. =) You all made my day!

Until next time, have a happy week! 

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

8 comments:

  1. Very cute case. I over think stuff which is why stuff sits languishing to be quilted taking the first few stitches and getting going for me is the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - love the quilting on it too! Over-thinking leads to procrastination with me. You did great Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors Amy. Yours looks classy.
    Later when you have time to kill (lol lol) you can make that snaz one with the gathering
    Meantime, you can continue the search for the prettiest most girly fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lap top case is so cute. I have been wanting to make one for mine for a long time now.
    Thank you so much for sharing the links.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea...love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work, Amy and congrats on the Craftsy pattern, hope it goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Congrats on your purchase ... Been contemplating our next computer and leaning toward a Mac. I love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute...thanks for the inspiration. I made one for my son's lovely lady. She asked for the Fire from Amazon so I was glad I could give a little something more.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...