Baby Quilts and A Swoon in the Planning!

October 16, 2015

I made a few more baby quilts and I think I am done for a while. =D This baby quilt was made using the Yellow Brick Road pattern. Confession: Every time I made a Yellow Brick Road quilt, I have to study and refigure out how it all goes together. I find that pattern to be so confusing to understand! Once I get cutting and sewing, it makes more sense to me. 


For these two baby quilts I used the free pattern by Quilt Taffy called Speedy Baby 2. I did change up the pattern a bit by leaving off the last border, so they ended up being smallish quilts at 36" square. Does anyone know of any twin girls that need quilts? 


Now these fabrics are what I am excited about!! They are from V & Co's newest line called Simply Colorful II. These lovelies are going to be made into a Swoon quilt as a Christmas gift for a dear friend. I have been itching to make another Swoon and I am anxious to get started! The background fabric I chose is called Pearl, a super soft gray. I think it will be stunning when done. At least I hope so!! 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a happy weekend! 

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

12 comments:

  1. I KNOW what you mean about direction in your first quilt type. I think it is just me and my focus somehow :)! Love, love your twin quilts!! The colors and background sound wonderful for your swoon quilt. Can't wait to see your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Swoon is going to look fantastic! Especially with a muted gray. Oh so good!!! You know Vanessa is from your neck of the woods. I have every line of hers in a charm pack. The plan is to one day make a half square triangle quilt with them all. Yeah. . . one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric....your friend is fortunate to have you.

    Please let me know how it goes. I have the Swoon pattern but it intimidates me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors you chose for the Swoon quilt are gorgeous. Can't wait to see it. I totally understand about the YBR. Something about it confuses me too. Another blogger actually wrote out a short tutorial for me to decipher it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness you are psychic!! :O 5 yrs ago the first quilt pattern (and almost the last) I ever tried to make was YBR. It was so difficult to get my head around, I called the designer who lived in my state at the time to ask if she had a newer version of it that had different instructions. She was brusque and said "even a beginner should be able to do 'that' pattern." Ha! I stuck it in a box and used the fabric to make a different pattern of my own design. Just last May I was cleaning out my pattern bins and ran across it again. I thought with all my quilting knowledge I would now be able to "get" her method. Nope. So I wrote my own instructions for this "simple" quilt and by golly now it is simple. Out to the Goodwill box it went. It was a relief to be free of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those baby quilts are darling!!! And I love the colors for the Swoon quilt, I think it'll be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only for a little while will you be done, wonderful quilts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tried YBR quilt - but it looks great and I wish I could try it. Hopefully in near future - in our family there is baby - my neece - comming soon. Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am hoping to start working on a Swoon quilt soon, I love the fabrics you have chosen, I am sure that it will be beautiful. All of the baby quilts are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your projects and those colors will make a gorgeous swoon. that quilt is on my to do list. just gotta find the time.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your projects and those colors will make a gorgeous swoon. that quilt is on my to do list. just gotta find the time.......

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...