Cotton and Steel {Triangle Quilt}

January 30, 2016

I have been so paralyzed as to what to make with my Cotton and Steel fabrics I have been collecting. I did some self talk and told myself that making something was better than letting the fabric sit on the shelf and if I didn't like what I made, there is more fabric out in the world and it can be replaced. I have to have these type of conversations with myself often. I took a deep breath and cut into the Cotton and Steel to make myself a triangle quilt....And I love it!! I love triangle quilts. I have made several over the years, but never kept one for myself. =)


The stats, in case you all would like to make one, too. =)

150 - 8.5" 60 degree triangles makes an approximately 65" x 80" quilt.  

I am tossing it on the pile to be quilted while I decide on what to use for a quilt back. 

I have a fabric pull for my next project. I am on a roll!! lol!

Have a happy weekend!



 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

12 comments:

  1. Yes, remember to make things for yourself, too. Good use of 'special' fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've just come over from Happy Cottage Quilter and so glad I did. We have many things in common and I love your bright and happy quilts. I'm going to follow you and can't wait to get to know you, you will probably inspire me.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Amy! Love these fabrics - just bought a few for a Bee I've joined. This is beautiful work and I hope you enjoy looking at and snuggling under your new quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY nice, Amy. I have been meaning to make something like this, Yours looks exceptionally classy and modern. I love it.
    Last year I got myself a 60 degree diamond template and I should dust it off and make something amazing like this and impress all of my friends and family. They will think I am an arteeest.
    I hope you have a marvelous day today. We have sunshine, that is wonderful and perhaps some snow meltage will occur and we can get these Washington DC area kids back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like you are on a roll. I have not tried a triangle quilt before but I love how yours turned out. I will have to add this to my "in the future" list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job cutting into those special fabrics. That is the hardest part at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those bright and cheerful colours! Makes a rainy day like today seem a little less dreary...
    I have a stack of 60° triangles cut - they're here somewhere - your inspiration may be rubbing off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to make for oneself! I really love this quilt. I want to make a triangle quilt one day too. How'd you do the cutting/what did you use for the cutting?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That navy really pops! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful combination. This quilt is going to be so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Amy you really are on a roll!!! This is wonderful! All your points look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...