Quilt Updates

October 26, 2017


My orange peel quilt that I talked about on this post, is now a finished top. It measures at 94" x 94", which will fit nicely on our queen size bed.  I am dreading the basting part of the process...Ugh!

I chose to use a blanket stitch for the applique and the thread I used was 80 weight Quilters Select thread which I loved!! It is so fine and very strong. I'll be using it again! 


The Print and Piece applique paper in the orange peels, make the quilt very stiff at this point. It was a little difficult to wrestle with as I was putting it together.  


Since this photo was taken, I added a 4" white border. I wanted the blocks to float. I still need to figure out what I want to use as a backing and binding. I do love how it turned out and I look forward to cuddling underneath it! 


I finished the red, white and blue quilt I made last May. I am all ready for next 4th of July! 


I began quilting without thinking about what thread was in my bobbin. I got too far along to rip out what I had done and switching to red bobbin thread. Oh, well....For the binding, I used the serpentine stitch, just for fun. I like it and will do that again! 


Anyone else going to be Instagram stalking the peeps that will be at market this weekend? I can't wait to see what fabrics will be coming our way next year! ðŸ˜€

Until next time, happy sewing!


 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful quilts! Love the cute bird panels surrounded by the friendship star blocks. You did a wonderful job of laying out your orange peel quilt blocks, and I love how you used white and tan for the background squares. Such a pretty 4th of July quilt with this star pattern. Someday......I need to make a red and white quilt :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird quilt turned out lovely. The orange peel did too. Love the colors you chose. Of course your red white and blue is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been drawn to the orange peels applique quilts, but forgot until I read your post! I may just have to add this to my Bucket List. How much of the stabilizer did you have to buy to create this queen-sized treasure? Definitely a long-term project - yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red, white, and blue! I've been saving some Cosmo Cricket from WAY back for an Independence Day quilt. One of these days...... {grin} And, I'm on Instagram now, so yes, I hope to get some sneak peeks! @meandthed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bird quilt and the quilting is perfect. I am always inspired by what you have been working on. I have not completed much lately and my machine is giving me trouble but I keep plugging away. That orange peel quilt is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...