Red, White, PINK and Blue: The Results are in!

October 28, 2017

To catch up on my story of my red, white, PINK and blue quilt, read yesterday's blog post. Per the instructions shared by Vicki Welsh in her article, Save My Bleeding Quilt, I soaked it in the bathtub with very hot water for 12 hours with 1/2 cup Dawn dish soap. I then placed it in the washing machine without adding any more soap, to rinse it out well and this is the result....





I apologize for the picture quality, but I think you can see the difference clearly enough. 

All in all, I am thrilled with the result! I consider this quilt saved! Yay!

 One note, that I didn't mention yesterday, after trying to get the pink out with the synthrapole, I dried the quilt in the dryer, so if you have a quilt that has had dye bleed and you have washed and dried it, it is worth a try to see if this method removes it.  You have nothing to lose, right? 😄

Here is the link again...Save it to your files!



 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

12 comments:

  1. Looks great! It is heart stopping when this happens and I would have had a lot of tears involved too. glad you were able to save it to an acceptable result. It is a very pretty quilt. Take care from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melody! I am so pleased that it turned out okay!

      Delete
  2. SO SO SWEET!!!!!!!! Thanks for the file!!! all of quilting sheeep truly need it!! baabaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey! I'm a real believer in the Dawn method as it worked so well for me. I didn't have any Synthapol or I'd have tried that first. I actually thought about ordering some Synthapol but decided just to try the Dawn as I had it on hand and wa-la, it worked perfectly. I'm so glad your quilt was saved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great save! Glad to know it worked for you. Certainly worth the time and effort! Thanks again for the link. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations...This is GREAT! Beautiful quilt...I am bookmarking both yours and Vicki's instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great save!!! I will have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is AMAZING - I'm sold! I downloaded the article to save just in case! Your quilt is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - didn't seem possible, but so much better!! That is wonderful! Need to keep these instructions - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad you saved that beautiful quilt. great info to know. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the information about fixing your quilt. So happy that the process worked so well for you.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...