Summer Moon BOM

April 24, 2019

Last Saturday was the first class for the Summer Moon Block of the Month. Because the shop did not make kits for this block of the month and I used what was in my stash, it was important to me to be able to give a general idea to the ladies how much fabric was needed, so the last few weeks I spent hours and hours precutting all the blocks out. It was a huge undertaking, but I am so glad I did it. 


Now I can grab a bag for the corresponding month assignment and do my favorite part, piece them. 

 Out of the 29 fats I chose, 4 did not get cut at all, but I may use those in the block framing part of the quilt, I am not sure yet, and the several half yard cuts I had gathered, I used less than a fat quarter amount. 


Here are the blocks for the first month. So cute!! The fabrics I chose are by Lella Boutique. Farmer's Daughter, Nest, and Garden Variety

Fool's Puzzle


Album 


Churn Dash


I am having to restrain myself from working ahead on this one! If I do, I will forget what I did and I won't be able to share any tips or help. I have other things that need to get done, as I shared last month!! I am staring at you Shimmer!

Do you have any long term projects that you are working on? 


6 comments:

  1. You are so organized. I totally love the fabric you have chosen and can't wait to see all your lovely blocks come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks - love the fabric lines you are using. I finally pulled out a few UFO's from two years ago, and am finishing them. Time sure flies :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabrics, and pretty blocks. All of my projects are long term (ROFL) but I am starting to move some along again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and fun quilt. You are super organized. The gals will love the excellent guidance you have for them.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...