Canoecopia

March 11, 2008

Canoecopia, the largest paddling sport expo hosted annually by Rutabega's, was last weekend and I had the privilege of experiencing it myself for the first time. Russ went last year and bought his kayak and all the things he needed for his new hobby. Now that I have a kayak, I needed a few things and Russ convinced me that this is the place to go to get outfitted. It was fun listening to the venders and seeing all the neat stuff that is available to for those who love the sport of paddling. It remains to be seen if I will be one of those people.  *wink*

Here are the things I needed: a life jacket (made just for a woman and sooo comfy), 
a paddle float and a pump. I expect the life jacket to never get wet, and the pump to be only used for water fights. 


Here are the things I wanted and because I am a very spoiled wife, 
Russ bought them for me.
 

The hat to keep my hair out of my eyes and to keep the sun off of my face...And because it's 
cute. :-)

The Chaco sandals  are great because they are made for the water, they'll  protect my feet from rocks and they match my kayak which is very important.  *wink*  They are the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn! It's all one strap that moves in a channel inside the sole of the shoe, so it's completely adjustable. It's like they are custom made just for your feet. The sticker price is very shocking, however you can find last year's colors on line for almost half the price at REI and Sierra Trading Post
 
The red wool backpack is my favorite purchase. It's made by Frost River, a company in Duluth, MN. It's all handmade and a true piece of art. It's all lined on the inside, with a  zippered 
pouch for small items, and all the seams are finished to perfection.  I fell in love with it. 

All in all, it was a fun day and I look forward to going back again next year. :o)

8 comments:

  1. My, Dear Heart....you ARE a brave soul!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, unless you buy such gear for your pastor, your kayak will fall under the same curse as the snowblower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have that all covered. You see, I plan on my pastor using my kayak whenever he wants. He won't like my life jacket, though. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure. He can use it...between November and March.w

    ReplyDelete
  5. no problem at all...we'll just have to excommunicate your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as it's him and not me, we are good to go! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilyn@A Mixed BouquetWednesday, March 12, 2008

    Have fun, Amy! It's so important to enjoy an activity together.

    Amy, don't you know...it's not nice to "argue with the pastor". LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...