Deep breath

March 19, 2008

Ahhh...There is nothing like being able to take a deep breath of cool, crisp fresh air. In fact, it feels so good I think I will do it again.

*deep breath*
 
Ahhhhh.....

Six months ago I couldn't do that without coughing and hearing my lungs wheeze. Six months ago today, I became an ex-smoker and in a short time I could breathe deeply again. 

Today I celebrate: 
  • no longer waking up in the night coughing
  • no longer having my hair, my clothes and my home smell like smoke
  • no longer hurting my family with the second hand smoke
  • not having to worry about when and where I can smoke my next cigarette
  • saving a lot of money and being able to buy fun things like clothes and furniture and also being able to help those in need
  • freedom from the shame 
Thank you to all my friends who have prayed for me faithfully as I quit. I appreciate it more than words can express. :-) 

4 comments:

  1. Marilyn@A Mixed BouquetWednesday, March 19, 2008

    Oh, Amy, I cannot express how proud I am of you. I know that you will say that it's the Lord. True, but you chose to follow the Holy Spirit's guidance. I'm still praying for ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amy, the only thing that makes me sad is that you felt shame before. I am utterly thrilled for you, though, that you have conquered the habit and been delivered of the nicotine addiction. Praise God!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus, you've help make Bibles more affordable. It's true...read here: http://www.esv.org/blog/2007/04/smoking.costs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea!!! Thanks for sharing that with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...