Love the Brethren

March 6, 2008

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.  Galatians 5:22-26   

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:10

****************************
Let's face it...It's not easy to get along with one another in our immediate families every minute of every day. Conflicts arise. Add to that...How much harder is it to get along with everyone in the Body of Christ? How about when you have a family member who professes to be a Christian and they refuse to speak to you? How do you deal with that?? How about when a Christian says to another Christian, "I will no longer befriend you." Can they do that and still profess to love Christ? 

Do you love the brethren? 
Do I love the brethren? 

Father, You have forgiven much. Let me extend the same love and grace to the brethren today. For Your Name's sake and glory, Amen


2 comments:

  1. Fruit for thought & prayer...from an imperfect Christian living in an imperfect world who knows the pain of trying to love my brothers & sisters - to forgive and ask forgiveness. It is only with the Lord's help and guidance can I make my feeble attempts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn@A Mixed BouquetFriday, March 07, 2008

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...