If I can do it...

December 6, 2008

...then YOU can do it. I spent the last two days making a Raggedy Quilt. Easy peasy!!

The sheep flannel was from a set of full size sheets that don't fit any of our beds. I think my mom bought them for me years and years ago. The denim came from old jeans that I saved over the years.


One word of caution...It makes a huge mess when you wash it the first time. Our washing machine does not have a lint trap, so guess what my hubby had to do last night...Our drains clog easily anyway, so I really should have waited and taken it to the laundromat.

And, yes...I thought about my mom the whole time. I know she would be proud of my effort. :o)

4 comments:

  1. Amy, this is completely awesome. But I visited the site you linked to with the instructions and I can't do it. THis line right here "If you can sew a straight line you can learn how to make your one-off and unique rug." takes me out of the running. I love to sew but my seams are ANYthing but straight! You sure are making cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me...Mine aren't straight either, but this quilt is very forgiving. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look like it's pretty easy. I may have to try it. I'm looking for some easy gifts to make this year as money is t.i.g.h.t.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cool! I bet it was fun to make and is wonderfully warm.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...